Playa Del Carmen help ASAP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I had booked dives for this upcoming weekend back in December (2 tank dive Sunday morning, night dive Sunday evening, and 2 cenote dives Monday afternoon for 3 of us). I was told they'd pick us up where we were staying. I reached out to find out what time they'd be picking us up at today and was informed that they didn't notice the deposit I sent them via Paypal and so, without ever talking to me since I sent the deposit, they have apparently booked a much larger group instead and can no longer do anything for us and refunded my deposit through Paypal (that they never noticed they got).

So, on this admittedly very short notice, does anyone know an operator in Playa that could support those plans or similar for Sunday and Monday? (already have afternoon dives scheduled in Cozumel later that week then cave dives for the two of us cave trained as well, so Sunday and Monday are the days I'm trying to get stuff for the three of us, including doing an AOW course between the Playa dives and the afternoon in Cozumel which I can't do if I only have the 2 dives in Cozumel available that week for the OW diver to do).
CenotEXperience

I remember there being dive shops on almost every corner in Playa, at least on the main drag near the beach. I'm sure you can walk around and find someone to take you out.
Truth

Thanks for all the suggestions all. We got all the dives in except a night dive, which is probably best since that would have probably just been a little too much for some people this week. Awesome time down in Mexico this past week. I did NOT want to come home today lol.

Wife and I are headed to Riviera Maya on the 24th. A trip with diving, not a diving trip. After only getting out on one trip in the Keys last month, I’m really looking forward to the diving and the trip. It was 1F here this am!

Thanks for all the suggestions all. We got all the dives in except a night dive, which is probably best since that would have probably just been a little too much for some people this week. Awesome time down in Mexico this past week. I did NOT want to come home today lol.
Glad it all worked out! So, who did you end up diving with/getting classes for your friends with?

Glad it all worked out! So, who did you end up diving with/getting classes for your friends with?
Nic from CenoteXperience arranged to get our dives in (except the night dive originally planned). We did 2 boat dives out of Playa with them Sunday morning and then he set us up with Carlos for a couple guided Cenote Dives Monday afternoon. Tuesday afternoon we dived with Tres Pelicanos in Cozumel.

After that, my cave diving buddy and I did some guided dives with Arya from Under the Jungle, finishing with a photoshoot at Ponderosa with Nat taking pictures of us.

I was teaching the classes, and we got to do everything but the Nav dive (conditions weren't favorable for doing that during our dives) which we'll do back home to finish the classes up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom