Playa del carmen dive ops????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suarez

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going with my wife to playa del carmen in december, We are looking to do 2 or 3 days of diving, maybe a night dive or two, can you recommend a dive op down there? no cenotes :( she´s only o/w. thanks for the input.

Dove with GeoFish - in October - great bunch .. you can read some of their dive reports on Scubaboard ...

The area's claim to diving fame are the cenotes, truly world class diving. If your wife has good buoyancy control and is comfortable in the water, no reason that you should exclude a cenote dive on your trip. Most of the cenote dives are cavern dives where you are always in sight of an opening to the surface. You will have a cave certified diver leading your group of a maximum of four divers.

If you are taking your own gear down, make the cenote dive that last dive of the trip to give the gear a really good rinse. Also, you can do the cenote dives the day before you fly since most of the dive will be a safety stop.

Dove with Ecodivingtours this last summer and our group was very happy. Will use them again next summer.

I have had the pleasure of diving with many of the shops in PDC and have not had a bad experience. Maybe a bad dive here and there but with 150+ dives in the area you are bound to have a few bad ones. By and large all the shops are very customer service conscious, and with tourism down the last several years they need to be to stay in business. My personal picks have been Cyan Ha, Tank Ha, Scuba 10 (just because I like the owners) and GeoFish. I personally will not dive with Phantom because they chum the bullsharks and I don't agree with the practice within site a public beach.

My 'thumbs up' goes to GeoFish because: (1) Proximity to beach (2) Fast comfortable boat - some shops won't go to reefs farther away because they take too much time - and they are the best spots (3) friendly and accomodating staff (4) competitive prices and excellent $ value for services received.

I still go out with the other shops on a per day basis, but whenever I book a trip and have other divers with me there are only a few shops that I consider. Whenever GeoFish is in the ballpark $$ wise they get my business.

Also, you can do the cenote dives the day before you fly since most of the dive will be a safety stop.
I hit 140 ft on a dive in The Pit once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom