Plate holes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VWGuam

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a medium SS plate and LCD 30 wing. I have the top wing "grommet" pushed through the topmost round hole in the plate. The lower grommet lines up with the oval hole just above the lowermost round hole on the plate. The lower grommet pops out of this hole when the wing is inflated. I only recently noticed this when I was adjusting the harness and inflated the wing while it was on my back (No tank).
Not an issue during a dive when it's sandwiched between the plate and the tank. Just wondering if I was missing something or had the wing too high on the plate. I have it this way so my first stage does not contact the corrogated hose.
Thanks

I haven't noticed that with my long pattern plate and 30# LCD. I'll test it later today at work and post what I find.

Michael

VWGuam:
I have a medium SS plate and LCD 30 wing. I have the top wing "grommet" pushed through the topmost round hole in the plate. The lower grommet lines up with the oval hole just above the lowermost round hole on the plate. The lower grommet pops out of this hole when the wing is inflated. I only recently noticed this when I was adjusting the harness and inflated the wing while it was on my back (No tank).
Not an issue during a dive when it's sandwiched between the plate and the tank. Just wondering if I was missing something or had the wing too high on the plate. I have it this way so my first stage does not contact the corrogated hose.
Thanks

VW,

The rubber pull tabs are only an alignment aid, to help keep the wing straight with the plate. The tank and cambands are what actually secure the wing to the plate.

Why would you need to inflate the wing when no tank was mounted?

Tobin

Got it thanks.
I didn't "need" to inflate but I did. I was in my living room adjusting the harness and was demonstrating to my 3 year old, future DSS customer, how cool my wing was.

Thanks.

VWGuam:
Got it thanks.
I didn't "need" to inflate but I did. I was in my living room adjusting the harness and was demonstrating to my 3 year old, future DSS customer, how cool my wing was.

Thanks.

Very cool, start 'em young!

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom