• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

plastic screen protector for Teric?

Discussion in 'Shearwater Research' started by vovanx, Apr 20, 2019.

1. vovanx

vovanx Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    i'm looking for something like this to protect the whole top of Teric from scratches, not only the glass screen:
    suunto1.jpg
    suunto2.jpg
    (these are Suunto screen protectors)

I've tried both of them and the first is way too small, and the second has too short rubber ring, despite covering the screen well.

2. Chanly83

Chanly83 Nassau Grouper

Someone can chime in here, but the teric screen is made of sapphire. So unless your running a diamond ring against it or a power grinder your going to be hard pressed to scratch it. I have a Tag watch that I bought over 10 years ago and was my daily wear for those years and the Stainless is pretty dinged up but the glass is flawless, and it is actually convex and raised above the metal. You could look at Narked at 90’s bully bars and add a stick on screen protector. Dive Right in Scuba sells both.

3. vovanx

vovanx Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    and that's what i'm trying to achieve - protect the whole top of the computer not only the glass (see picture 2)

4. CT Sean

CT Sean Manta Ray

# of Dives: 100 - 199