Plans for 2017?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Love that so many of you are going to Bonaire. I hope to go there soon myself at some point.

2017 dive plans:
January - March: diving on Tenerife (flying there in 2 days woohoo)
Tenerife goal I'm currently a PADI rescue diver. I'll get my Master Scuba Diver card (yay more cards lol) during my time there.

April - August - Gozo adventure (in the planning stages)
Gozo goal 1: just gain experience exploring recreational diving by doing as many dives as possible. Specific target is exceeding the 100th dive mark. Even better would be 150.
Gozo goal 2: heavily considering a PADI DM course there... decisions decisions

September - December - dive somewhere! Will depend on the overall 2017 dive goal.

Overall 2017 dive goal: In case your wondering from the Tenerife and Gozo time line, I'm location independent which allows me to stay a bit longer than usual in any location. Now I'm working hard to build an online business so I can spend more time underwater and relying less on employers to provide me with income. So while not technically a dive goal, building my business in order to facilitate a diving lifestyle is somewhat related..

2017 is going to be awesome!

Enough training. It's time to check off my bucket list.

Feb: sailfish run & cenote diving in Mexico
May: Flower Garden Banks, Gulf of Mexico, TX
Aug: BHB & GG spawning, Jupiter, FL
Sep: Catalina Island, CA
Nov: Banda & Raja Ampat liveaboard, Indonesia
Dec: Palau liveaboard

Last edited:
Simple version: Spend as much time enjoying being underwater as I can.

Long Version: two trips to the vacation rental I own on Grand Cayman, doing some small sprucing-up work on the condo and spending as much time as possible shore diving off our shoreline and going out with friends on boats (some trips of which will involve diving, some drinking - never both, of course!). Planning on a doing a trip to Little Cayman for the first time to dive Bloody Bay Wall - everyone says that it's worth the side trip, so we'll see.

Probably buying a new BCD, too, so that our travel weight is a little less.

My plans for 2017 are kind of fluid atm.

I had been planning on 2 trips - one to Scapa Flow and another to the Red Sea. Due to being busy and not booking it looks like both trips have filled up so not getting either. Scapa might have been a bit of a stretch as I would need a drysuit there and at present I haven't got one and would need to get familiar with it before going as well.

On the training side, I am actually planning on doing a crossover to SCOTSAC as there is a very active club within 5 minutes of my house where they are out most weekends. Should be fairly easy as there are only a couple of small things I need to tick off but might take a few weeks to get the theory and dives done depending on instructor availability.

Once I have the crossover in place I can then pick and choose who I dive with depending on availability.

In general I need to dive a lot more than last year - only did about 30 dives and would have loved to have done double that.

In general I need to dive a lot more than last year - only did about 30 dives and would have loved to have done double that.

Post less - Dive more... :)

taking a "step back" as I will be mentoring my newly certified daughter with diving. April will be the shallow reefs of Key Largo, and July will be the shallow wrecks of Tobermory, hopefully some Niagara River drift diving, and perhaps a Thousand Island excursion too for her. I will hopefully return to Picton, Ontario for some more wreck diving as well as another trip to the Wexford on Huron. Many more East end Lake Erie wrecks are on the list, but need to figure when it fits in. Hoping to also complete Helitrox cert, and take the edge off on the Erie wrecks with a little He. If the cold finally returns and stays, perhaps an ice cert in a few months.

Read through the thread and some of you are having a heck of a lot more fun than I currently have planned. I think I really need to retire (a second time) to make room for more dive trips.

My dive buddy (and the love of my life) and I just finished a fantastic dive trip to Yap and Saipan and we are all set to dive Grand Cayman again in April. That's all I got planned.

Wouldn't mind getting some instruction time in the water with BoulderJohn sometime this year and maybe finagle a Coz trip... if the Zika won't get me.:fear:

What is everyone planning for 2017? This is the time when I sit down and make a rough plan for what the coming year should look like. These plans never materialize in their entirety but give a general direction in which my diving usually heads. For the year 20017 I plan (hope) to do the following. If anyone else out there is planning any of the following then lets exchange notes. We may end up on the same charter.

4. Penetration dives in NC/NJ area: If I get my wreck penetration certification then I would like to do some penetration dives in the NC/NJ area. I like to enter real wrecks instead of artificial reefs so if there are any real wrecks worthy of penetration in this neighborhood that you guys would like to recommend then let me know.

If you end up in the NJ area - we have plenty wrecks that you can penetrate. Let me know. Private boat diving in Cape May can be fun!

taking a "step back" as I will be mentoring my newly certified daughter with diving. April will be the shallow reefs of Key Largo, and July will be the shallow wrecks of Tobermory, hopefully some Niagara River drift diving, and perhaps a Thousand Island excursion too for her. I will hopefully return to Picton, Ontario for some more wreck diving as well as another trip to the Wexford on Huron. Many more East end Lake Erie wrecks are on the list, but need to figure when it fits in. Hoping to also complete Helitrox cert, and take the edge off on the Erie wrecks with a little He. If the cold finally returns and stays, perhaps an ice cert in a few months.

Im jealous!!! I cant wait to take a step back and dive with my newly certified daughters!!! I tell my crew all the time that we need to hit all of our lofty wreck goals before my girls start diving because then Im stitching back to OC and staying shallow for several years!!! Good Luck!!!

Evening all
Just come back from Tenerife managed 10 dives, Khao Lak in April and hopefully Red Sea somewhere in August, with a bit of Fuerteventura thrown in for a long weekend. Busy Year and then start the road to DM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom