Plano Texas new diver enthusiast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveDaddyDale

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello; I'm Dale, just doing lake OWC 8/16,17/12. So yes, brand new to certified diving although many years ago my budddy and I would go shallow (25") diving off Half-Moon beach in CA. I have now learned that we were very cautious idiots who are lucky nothing extreme happened :)

I am going CRystal Springs SCUBA park. Is that referred to as CSSP on this board? I so new that I must ask where (semi-locally) have you dove?

CSSP/Clear Springs Scuba Bark is where I did my OW and so far it's the only place I've scuba dived.

Next question: (I'm a nosy one, aren't I?) Are you sure about those dates? :D I thought CSSP was only open Friday through Sunday.

An amazing number of divers around the Dallas area, including a lot of new divers that I've noticed. If you ever want to go diving PM me. :)

Got it. CSSP. Dates; 8/08,09/12, Sat & Sun.

I'll post after the class this weekend.

Thanks

1st dive today at CSSP. After the heavy rain last night the visibility was 3-4' at best. Very hard to see Buddy or instructor. Made it through after an initial bout of fear when going under for the first time. Almost wanted to give in to panic and hear towards surface. But held on, took deep breaths, kept eyes in instructor and made it through the moment. After that, the rest was easy and fun. It was exhilarating! Came home feeling great. 2nd dive tomorrow. Since it is raining again i expect the via to be even worse tomorrow, but so what? No problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom