Planning to go diving tomorrow at Batangas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

juan.tamad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I, both PADI OW certified, are going to Batangas tomorrow. We've been going to Ligpo a lot (more than 100 dives already last year between the two of us) but haven't explored Anilao as it is fairly expensive hiring a boat with just the two of us diving. Would anyone be interested to join us so we can spread the cost? Or would anyone care to suggest a cheap place (Batangas, Subic) where we could just enjoy diving (we don't care to stay and rest).

Thanks.

Or would anyone care to suggest a cheap place (Batangas, Subic) where we could just enjoy diving (we don't care to stay and rest).

Thanks.
Have U2 gone to Batangas yet?

Subic Bay: Dive shops inside the Freeport or along Baloy Beach. I usually dived with Johan on Baloy Beach. There are various places to choose for accommodation. Harleys Pub have room for P1,000.00 and Johan also has relatively cheap fan rooms available. Accommodation in Olongapo is cheaper but you have to commute to the dive shop inside the Freeport. The diving is mainly on wrecks and more wrecks.

Anilao(Batangas): As far as I know the diving is mainly resorts based and they are spread along the main road.

I suggest that you call up Planet Dive (09167043718) and inquire if they have any other guests (foreign or local) on the day you intend to dive (if its a weekday). If they have other guests as well, it may be possible to group you with the others thus reduce your expenses considerably.

But during the weekends, Planet Dive would usually have other divers (a lot of them, me included, who are usually day trippers-meaning not staying overnight but would arrive there in the morning, do two boat dives then if still up to it, do a third shore entry-dive at twin rocks and leave late afternoon or early evening), and it is possible to group you with other divers. Its a nice way of meeting other avid divers.

Check out Aquaventure as well. They have day use for like 500P consumable. You can use it for food, drinks, tanks, weights, gift shop, but not for banka or DM's. Weekdays are slow, but on a weekend it is actually hard to get a DM. 2 tank am dive is the norm, and I don;t think there is any shore diving there like the house reef, twin rocks at planet dive. They have nice showers, pool, rinse tanks, hanging racks, and lockers, changing area. Oh and their restaurant is not bad either, but never go for the buffet, instead just order off the menu. I'll probably be there next week to check it out.

We've been out to Batangas but mainly diving in Ligpo (Lemery, Batangas). It's getting to be a bit boring as my wife and I already know it like the back of our hands (i.e. the visibility is not that great and get's really bad at times).

Planet Dive seems to be recommended a lot for "ad hoc" group diving. Will definitely check it out. Thanks for the info.

We'll probably check out Aquaventure as well.

if the diving in Anilao comes to be too expensive, why not hop an early ferry to Sabang? The dives there are not cost dependant on how many divers are there with you. Good diving and could be a cheaper alternative despite the $ for the ferry!

Just food for thought!:coffee:

We've been out to Batangas but mainly diving in Ligpo (Lemery, Batangas). It's getting to be a bit boring as my wife and I already know it like the back of our hands (i.e. the visibility is not that great and get's really bad at times).

Planet Dive seems to be recommended a lot for "ad hoc" group diving. Will definitely check it out. Thanks for the info.

We'll probably check out Aquaventure as well.

Back
Top Bottom