Planning a trip to Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aabond:
Howarde,

You keep on mentioning splashdown divers. I'm going to have to tag along with you next time you go. Hopefully Wilma doesn't destroy diving in the South East coast. It's pounding Cozumel right now, and Cancun is next. It's a shame, because Cozumel was truly gorgeous (underwater that is).

They are great... I am sure that other people who have gone with them would agree too... I think that the reason more people don't go with them more often, is that it's a 30 minute (or perhaps 40) drive on I-95 from here. If you go in the AM, it could be hell... My folks live in Boynton, so usually, michelle and I go up the night before.

Speaking of driving, it looks like rental car is the best (if not only?) way to move around in Florida region. I certainly would love to avoid spending my holiday in traffic jams during rush hours. What times, directions or districts I should try to avoid? :)
Of course I'm looking to book accommodation near dive operators.

I would avoid I-95 from West Palm Beach to Miami in the morning before 10am and anywhere from 4-6 pm, if you're looking to avoid traffic.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom