Planning a rig trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok folks, I am going to try this.

I am looking for interest in a rig trip later this spring.

I prefer Out to Sea adventures in Port Aransas. www.outtoseaadventures.com

I am interested in who is interested in going. They limit a group to 6. I would like to charter the whole boat. Since I am comming from North Texas, I would be spending two nights in a hotel.

Do you want to go?
Do you object to spearfishing?
Do you want to spearfish?

I am just checking pulses right now. I know everyone's availability changes as does mine.

I am asking about spearing since I am interested in spearing. If you don't want to go on a spear trip just say so. Please, don't give me a diatribe. If I get 6 people on a trip and no one wants to spear, thats fine.

The rigs are a good place to build gulf experience. You can encounter currents, ladder rodeos, or great conditions. It is, in my opinion, a good place to learn.

What say yall,

TwoBit

I would be interested in a day rig trip,,,,but no spearfishing.

PS-- I have nothing against spearfishing,,,,but have had no experc. at that and am still trying to sharped my ocean skills,,,,don' want to overload....BESIDES "you will shot your eye out"!!! LOL

Umm...about what month, and what are the expected conditions such as water temp. in the area of the rigs?

Spearfishing for them poor little things? Tom, you know me better than that by now. Poor little red snappers.

Where do we rent the guns? I wanna try a 48. :D

Hmmmm........... I say Hmmmmm.............
Smonster was been wanting to go down to Corpus for awhile now......... Hmmmm...
I'll have to get back to ya TwoBit, any idea on what date?

Sounds like fun. Would prefer the 3-tank trip over the 2-tank trip. Weekday trip preferred over W/E. I don't spearfish but have no objection to others spearing as long as they keep that sharkbait downstream and away from me!

I would be interested once more of the details are available. I am not a fisherman of any type but I have no objections. I am too lazy to clean 'em to be honest.

TwoBitTxn:
I sent an E-mail to the charter to check schedule availability.

TwoBit

Tom, did you ever hear back from Out to Sea? Copeland's is $150 per diver, ten divers max. Schedule is on their website.

No,

I need to get on the phone and call them. They may not work with individuals.

TwoBit

Did you guys ever decide on using Out to Sea Adventures. I am going down this weekend to dive the rigs and wanted to see what you thought about their services. Please let me know.

thanks

L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom