Planning a rig trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterWayne:
How does a rig dive expedition compare to a Flower Gardens expedition in terms of diving skills required? How about the boat trip itself, vs. the Gardens? Is there the same chance of trip cancellation due to sea state as with the Gardens trips?

tia, Wayne

Well, that depends. The rigs are in varying depths but most have deep floors which make them advanced dives. If you have ever been out to the Flower Gardens and were able to make the rig dive inbetween the East and West Bank dives, it is exactly the same. If not then you need to understand these are advanced dives and you need to have the training and experience to handle yourself.

The boat is much smaller. Follow the link I posted and you can view the boat and then you can go to gulf-diving.com and see the difference. The rig trips are usually arranged by smaller charters who normally carry on 6-8 divers. You can setup over night stays but most only go out for the day. This weekend we are going out for 2 deco dives on the rig. Other passengers onboard are doing 3 dives.

Yes, there is the same chance they will be canceled due to weather but since you might be only going out for 1 day, you have a slightly better chance if the weather is only supposed to pick up on Sunday. This would still affect the flower gardens trips but might not a smaller charter if they were going out on Saturaday.

Hope that helps
L

Hey all:D

I am very interested. Three tanks sounds good, if they provide the tanks and air.

I will not be doing spearfishing, but I do not mind being a buddy to a another non-spearfisherman or a diver who is spearfishing. Just hope non of y'all go Dic Cheney like with the spear gun.

Just remember, everyone get in a line, don't shoot within 30 degrees of the person next to you, and don't fire behind you... That should take care of getting Dicked (cheney of course). I wouldn't mind going, but I want this semester to end first. Give me dates and rates, and I'm game! My only question is, do they have compressors onboard?

Considering this thread is almost a year old.... I never received a return phone call or e-mail. As I stated, they may not work with individuals. So nothing ever happened.

TwoBit

Doh!

ok, who re-opened the thread?

Jeebus, the 2005 looked like 2006.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom