Plain bags for dive gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a plastic box, kinda like a big tupperware. Its durable, cheap, and holds everything. Of course, when traveling I have some sort of mesh-type locking thing so baggage handlers don't try to supplement their salaries.

I also have a heavy duty bag from North Face.
Has wheels thank god so i can just lift the end with the handle and wheel it onto any boat.
It's a very strong bag, stainless steel zippers, large pockets on each end, all the goodies.
A very durable bag.

No locks on luggae anymore. The TSA reserves the right to search everything, and this means cutting through your locks if necessary.

voidware once bubbled...
I use a plastic box, kinda like a big tupperware. Its durable, cheap, and holds everything. Of course, when traveling I have some sort of mesh-type locking thing so baggage handlers don't try to supplement their salaries.

I carry my regs and computer in a carry-on. I use a wheeled, black, non-descript duffle bag from JC Penney to check the rest of my gear. Never had a problem...

:hohum:

large hardside containers, I pack the majority of my gear in a standard dive bag and toss that inside an el cheapo nylon duffle (Campmor brand, $9). Very generic looking, and it's better now that it's beat to hell and looks scruffy.

Regs, Rx mask, computers, camera go in a small carryon suitcase.

Military-surplus duffles work too.

another good one that I have found is hockey bags, they are big, tough and cheap!

I use cheap-o luggage without locks. It is great camo. By the way, most of the purpose built dive luggage flunks the 62" test which is now being enforced more by cash hungry airlines.

Nothing like a Pelican case to get a thief interested.

canuckdiver once bubbled...
another good one that I have found is hockey bags, they are big, tough and cheap!

Not hard to tell the Candians on a charter.......Sherwood, CCM, Bauer,Heaton.............

I am going to pack all mine in a regular looking piece of rolling luggage, with mesh bag inside to hold the stuff after unpacking.....

My wife and I just got back from Hawaii. For the trip, I purchased two of the "Montlake 29" Sky Track Vertical Expandable Overseas Case" from eBags.com, in red. Total price including shipping was under $130.00.

These are not small bags. In fact it's real easy to go over the airplanes 50lb weight limit but we love them. BC, mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit, regs, primary light plus room for extras like a couple of towels.

The zipper pulls have loops on them which are made for locks. We just stuck some neon zip ties on them. All were intact both going and returning.

For the boat, we just pack along a mesh bag.

If your a good packer, the also offer a 26" model that is 3" shorter. Here are the specs for both bags.

Montlake 29" Sky Track Vertical Expandable Overseas Case (08295)
• Micro ballistic nylon
• Size: 28.5" x 19.5" x 11.5"
• (Packing capacity)
• Linear inches: 59.5"
• Weight: 12 lbs.
• Warranty: 15 Years

Montlake 26" Sky Track Vertical Expandable Packing Case (08285)
• Micro ballistic nylon
• Size: 25.5" x 17" x 10"
• (Packing capacity)
• Linear inches: 52.5"
• Weight: 10.4 lbs.
• Warranty: 15 Years

-Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom