Places to stay San Juan or Road Town

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We're going to spend a week in the BVI in April. We are flying to San Juan on a Thursday and will be picked up by the boat on Saturday. Due to the late hour we arrive in San Juan, we will need to get a hotel room that night. We get back to Road Town on the following Saturday and return home on Sunday.

Do any of you know of decent and reasonably priced (weasel words I know) hotels in either/both San Juan or Road Town?

Thanks.

Hello Peter - we'll be overnighting in San Juan twice later this month. Do you have any recommendations re hotels down there?

We ended up staying at a Comfort Inn (the Comfort Inn?) which was about 3 miles (?) from the airport and "reasonably" priced. We found out it is near a beach and had a pleasant walk the morning before we came home.

I can "recommend" it -- it had what I wanted, free wi-fi, running water, good bed, clean and a decent enough breakfast included. Just got it from Orbitz. Nothing special about it. (How's that for a luke warm review?)

It was clean, comfortable and quiet. It was a long way from the airport, which meant pricey cab rides. I don't know what the Hampton or the other hotels much closer to the airport cost in comparison.

I CAN unreservedly recommend the restaurant in old town where we had dinner -- Marmelade. It was expensive but absolutely superb, and a beautiful place to boot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom