Places to Stay-Dania Beach, Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBill1955

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking for a decent place to stay over in the Dania Beach area. Will be there July 30 and 31. Any recomendations would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Debby's house?

There's a motel 6 on Dania Beach Blvd, about a mile from the beach and 200 yards from a dive shop.

Very funny, Eric.

I've heard that Lucky's Motel (or Luckey's Motel?) near the airport is clean and a good value but I've never stayed there. There are TONS of hotels and motels in Dania Beach. Your best bet is to just get on a travel website or two and see which ones are cheapest and decent. If you want to pick out a few, PM me and DennisS and we can tell you if it's a fleabag or not. Will you be renting a car? If not try to stay on or near Sheridan Street or Dania Beach Boulevard so that you'll be on a bus line. Maybe you'll have time to grab a beer with us while you're here?

When I was like 20 I once stayed at the Pirates Inn on Dania Beach Blvd. I literally got involved in a fight at the check in desk between to drunken idiots and the rooms where smelly. I was able to suffer through the evenings plans anyway though.. but I was twenty and had a specific goal in mind.

Very funny, Eric.

I've heard that Lucky's Motel (or Luckey's Motel?) near the airport is clean and a good value but I've never stayed there. There are TONS of hotels and motels in Dania Beach. Your best bet is to just get on a travel website or two and see which ones are cheapest and decent. If you want to pick out a few, PM me and DennisS and we can tell you if it's a fleabag or not. Will you be renting a car? If not try to stay on or near Sheridan Street or Dania Beach Boulevard so that you'll be on a bus line. Maybe you'll have time to grab a beer with us while you're here?

I think I narrowed it down to Sleeps Inn on SE 5th Ave. $64 plus tax and they had a lot of good reviews.

I'll be coming over Thursday, July 30 and leaving Friday, July 31. I'll be doing my check out dives for my advanced. We will be doing an afternoon dive on Thursday, possible night dive also (if the boat gets enough people), then two am dives on Friday. The boats name is "Blue Runner".

Would like to get together too.

"I've heard that Lucky's Motel (or Luckey's Motel?) near the airport is clean and a good value"

A friend stayed there a couple of years ago and he was very satisfied as to the rate and cleanliness :)

Is Pirates Inn still open.....that place looked sinister for years - right next to Dania Jali

Anyone remember "Pirates World" - an amusement park - went there as a kid - they had the original "Steeplechase" ride from Coney Island there

When I was like 20 I once stayed at the Pirates Inn on Dania Beach Blvd. I literally got involved in a fight at the check in desk between to drunken idiots and the rooms where smelly. I was able to suffer through the evenings plans anyway though.. but I was twenty and had a specific goal in mind.
Did you meet your goal, Eric? :eyebrow:

I think I narrowed it down to Sleeps Inn on SE 5th Ave. $64 plus tax and they had a lot of good reviews.

I'll be coming over Thursday, July 30 and leaving Friday, July 31. I'll be doing my check out dives for my advanced. We will be doing an afternoon dive on Thursday, possible night dive also (if the boat gets enough people), then two am dives on Friday. The boats name is "Blue Runner".

Would like to get together too.
Sleep Inn on SE 5th Ave is just fine, you are next to Walgreens and across the street from Publix, a few restaurants, and a dollar store. You are a minute from the beach if you don't hit any red lights. Friends who have visited have stayed there with no complaints, it's fairly new. The Blue Runner is a fun boat, a little crusty if I remember correctly but fun nonetheless, nice peeps. I'm free the night of the 30th if you want to meet for brews and/or dinner. I work until 6 so not free until 7. I could meet later if you do the night dives because I'm off on Fridays. Hmm, do they have room on the boat on Friday morning?

CONGRATS on your advanced!!!

"I've heard that Lucky's Motel (or Luckey's Motel?) near the airport is clean and a good value"

A friend stayed there a couple of years ago and he was very satisfied as to the rate and cleanliness :)
It's funny, when I travel and people ask where I'm from I'll say "Dania Beach, you've probably never heard of it" and they will say "yes I have, when I needed to stay near FLL I stayed at Lucky's!" It's seedier looking than the Sleep Inn, though, I'd choose Sleep Inn if I had to.

Is Pirates Inn still open.....that place looked sinister for years - right next to Dania Jali

Anyone remember "Pirates World" - an amusement park - went there as a kid - they had the original "Steeplechase" ride from Coney Island there
Pirates Inn is all boarded up now, too bad. I didn't live here when Pirate's World was open but I sure have heard the stories. :shocked2:

Funny - I was thinking the same thing :rofl3:
:mooner:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom