Places to dive on the gulf side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peengers

Registered
Reaction score
I live in daytona beach, and the atlantic has been getting quite the beating as of late. Diving in springs, while sometimes fun to me, gets a little boring because in many of them there isn't a whole lot to look at or do.

And then it struck me - what about the gulf side? More specifically, clearwater and areas around it. Does anyone know about the diving here, what depths, and what there is to see?

Best you can do is call a dive shop in the area. There are dives wherever there water. I beleive the clearwater area is shallower and not as good viz close in, and you have to go out farther to get better conditions. If you are really up for a dive , look up the Flower Gardens. Also, Guide to Underwater florida has good ifno on this area.

peengers:
I live in daytona beach, and the atlantic has been getting quite the beating as of late. Diving in springs, while sometimes fun to me, gets a little boring because in many of them there isn't a whole lot to look at or do.

And then it struck me - what about the gulf side? More specifically, clearwater and areas around it. Does anyone know about the diving here, what depths, and what there is to see?

There are a number of dive ops in the Clearwater are with most of them going out about 4m, that puts you into 40-50 feet of water viz 10-30. If you get a boat going out to the 10-20m range then you will be in the 75' range but viz can still get into the low 10' range. Interesting wrecks there Sheridan and Blackthorn. 40m out 130' of water usually very good viz wreck Mexican pride.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom