Pk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wtxblaze:
I'll have to check with my dad and see if he knows of any downed helicopters. He was out there around that time.

That would be cool....he may recall a bit of info.. :wink:

wtxblaze:
Well my dad was flying over there in '69 '70 and he said they didn't lose any while he was there and that he didn't know of any that went down in PK

Well thanks for asking him...first hand knowledge like his is always a great clue to this kind of research.

Thanks for the info Alan. Perhaps one of these days, I'll make a trek to PK..

Yup, that Dive Training article is right on the money and captures the local "flavor" of the lake and its features quite well. My friends and I make several trips to PK every season, and we especially like getting a boat back to Governor's Cove and the nice wall somewhere close to lake marker 12.
By the way, Kraken, I know some of the other tricks some of you chopper jockey's pulled once in a while. Our farm was on one of the regular training routes and flights of a couple dozen of those "bubble" types would fly over routinely. Of course, just about every time, someone would drop our of formation and buzz us, just for kicks (ours and theirs both, I'm sure). Once, while we were out harvesting grain, one of them dropped a bit TOO low, and he smacked the ground with a grazing swoop, producing a big cloud of dust. He kept going, but when he pulled away, he had wheat stuck in his landing gear! I bet he had trouble explaining THAT to his instructor when he got back to Mineral Wells!
Looking forward to getting to PK soon. We all ought to make plans to meet for some dives. Take care, and have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom