Pirates of Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Travis Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It is true, Lake Travis is now on the list of waters hosting Pirates. As divers were down on Wreck Alley, aka Scuba Park, a pirate vessel quietly approached a mooring line above the house boat. After a few minutes of preparing for their assault, donning their equipment, a dive flag was raised announcing their intentions to enter the waters. Immediately after raising the dive flag, they raised their Skull and Crossbones flag indicating their true intentions, pirating the park. After entering the water, the skallywags began their approach to Giant Stride, appearing ready to board the vessel in hopes of pilaging the remaining dive gear on board. After a short negotiation, a truce was declared and all divers were given a pass to return to the Giant Stride.

ChrisPete, BoGrady and Voodoo Reef are the pirates in question. Gotta watch out for these pirate divers!!!! Time to arm the boat with Water Balloon cannons and guns.

It was a fun weekend diving Starnes Island, Oasis Wall, and Wreck Alley. Hope all had as much fun as We-B-Divin' and Scubaland did diving with Lake Travis Scuba.

Last edited:
:D
Indeed, it was a tense situation. I'm glad we were able to work out a truce.
Good seeing ya again.

ChrisPete and BoGrady are the pirates in question. Gotta watch out for these pirate divers!!!!

I've known those two to be trouble. :shakehead: They started out just admiring gear, then wanting to borrow stuff. Now it seems they are fully into taking whatever they want, bu any means necessary. :rofl3:

Arrrr...

I am glad y'all had fun!

btw, I believe timeliner owns a spear gun if it should be necessary to start arming vessels.

Is it possible that the history of Wreck Alley, aka Don Brod's Scuba Park, is incorrect? Is it possible that all the wrecks are the result of Lake Travis Pirates scuttling boats after taking treasures and discarding the women and crew? Is RumBum the leader of this gang of skallywags?

Inquiring minds want to know......

Last edited:
Nope, Jason is the real Dread Pirate Roberts. :pirate2:
I was hanging out with the Shrieking Eels. :wink:

Oh no...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom