pinnacle vs. xcel wetsuits???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In chemestry, an exothermic reaction is one that creates heat... What exactly do they mean that "Merino™ is 'exothermic', which means it releases a significant amount of heat as it absorbs water."

If i dip my wool sweater or socks in a creek my feet and chest dont get warmer... hehe.

Never heard of such a thing... Would be interested in some explanation...

The suits do sound warm and making people happy!

While the amount of heat generated is measurable, it is not anywhere near significant. The claim made by Pinnacle and other manufacturers is blown way out of proportion by their marketing department. Though I will concede that the fiber's ability to wick water would provide a substantial benefit. Never tried it myself though.

I do know that my XCEL is the most comfortable wetsuit I've ever worn. Great materials.

I tired like heck to fit into a Pinnacle wetsuit as it was my first choice when going to buy a suit. However, none of them fit me and I tried 3 different styles. The Xcel Polar Tri Density fit me like a glove and is warm as well. I've had it down to 65 fsw and 48 degrees so far this year and while cool, never got cold. The seams on the Xcels are guranteed for the life of the suit so you don't have to worry about them coming apart on you. As you might have read in other forums, try the suits on and whatever fits you the best and meets your diving needs go with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom