Pinnacle Merino-Elastiprene 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merxlin and Nismo,

Nismo, Trying to be patient and wait, but the urge is great. Writing that check for uncle sam tonight should reduce the urge, but not for long.
Merxlin, do you wear your vest on the inside or the outside of the ME7?
Thanks for your inputs.

Merxlin, do you wear your vest on the inside or the outside of the ME7?Thanks for your inputs.

Inside. It has a neck seal (a thin neoprene flap that sticks up) that seals betwen the vest and wetsuit that helps seal water out. Its plenty flexible enough to wear outside though. And you can get your choise of hood thickness, from 3 to 7 mil.

Is it safe to assume with those temps it is a 7mm suit? Are you using a hooded vest with that as well? Just curious, considering the ME7.

Yes I do use a Merino hooded vest 3 mil in the chest and 7 mil in head. I also go an extra step and purchased the Merino heated torso for an extra 3 mill.

If you add up my suit I'm 7 mil at the head, 13 mil at the chest, 10 mil at the groin, 7 mil at the legs and arms, 6 mil at the boots and 4 mil a the hands; all of which have Merino.

Do I stay warm in my dives? Yes I do, in fact when I shift my back to rearrange my bc I literally feel very warm water move in my spine, feels really nice.

I love my suit and especially love that I can mix and match all three pieces to my comfort. The entire setup is so comfortable I forgot I'm in a suit; that's one of the reasons I got the ME7.

Here is my suit, notice that the inside has the Merino linning, it makes the world of difference just ask any diver that has tried with/without this wool.

28md9om.jpg

Believe me I understand the impatience. I am atill waiting to hear for a firm date of arrival for the wet suit.

Mike,

How much weight do you carry with that combination and do you dive steel or Aluminum tanks?
thanks - cdd [writing the uncle sam and uncle arnold checks, may be easier to be patient than I thoguht.]

Mike,

How much weight do you carry with that combination and do you dive steel or Aluminum tanks?
thanks - cdd [writing the uncle sam and uncle arnold checks, may be easier to be patient than I thoguht.]

I dive Worthington 100 HP steel tanks distributed by XS scuba. I use 20 lbs of weight with my setup. Non ditchable is 8 lbs and 12 lbs of ditchable.

Mike - Thanks
that's pretty good compared to my experiences with my farmer john 7mm+7mm michelin-man impersonation. If you figure ~4lb negative at the end of the dive for 500psi left and a fairly neutral BC, the pinnacles must be buoyancy efficient. I would guess that the tight fit of the elastiprene traps less air. Do you need to burp your wetsuit once you get in the water?

Mike - Thanks
that's pretty good compared to my experiences with my farmer john 7mm+7mm michelin-man impersonation. If you figure ~4lb negative at the end of the dive for 500psi left and a fairly neutral BC, the pinnacles must be buoyancy efficient. I would guess that the tight fit of the elastiprene traps less air. Do you need to burp your wetsuit once you get in the water?

My last couple of dives I've taken my PSI to 400 not by choice but not properly calculating my return.

Thank goodness that during those times the loss of negative lbs has not affected my bouyancy. With a pair of aluminums I can almost guarantee that I would have gone to the surface.

I however do dive the HP 100 steels and they keep from going positive in the end, I did not feel any tendacy to pull me up, just of course the air that is crushed at depth expands on your gradual ascent so I do vent some air out.

I do notice that my first dive I'm slightly more bouyant than my second or third but it's nothing that really affects me to the point that I want to dive more lbs of lead in my BC.

I did in the past start with 29 lbs and I just worked myself down to 20 and have not tried any less. I remember that at 29 lbs when I let out my air, I would drop like a rock no hesistations.

With 20 lbs and all my neoprene I have a little hesistation at 2 feet but after that initial drop it's all good and 2nd and 3rd dive are easier, maybe the compression of the suit causes it to be less bouyant.

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom