Pinnacle Merino-Elastiprene 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In terms of wetsuits this one takes 1st prize. I use it in Monterey and can do up to 3 dives without any problems at 48-51 degrees of cold...

I hope to be diving in Monterey with my son this summer. I live near Lake Superior which is where I would dive locally. My next big trip is to South Africa in their winter late June.

How was the stretchiness?

Stretchiness is incredible, you literally forget you are in a wetsuit. Anyone that slips one on and dives will tell you the same.

I fiddled around with many other suits and kept comming back to this one. It just feels so comfortable, and I've worn very stiff suits in the past.

I almost bought one of these but I got an outstanding deal on the Pinnacle Kodiak. Getting it for about $25 more than the ME7. I have not used one, but it's supposed to be outstanding in comfort, warmth, and durability. If I didn't get such a good deal on the other Pinnacle wetsuit, I'd have the ME7 right now.

Welcome to SB, The Elastiprene 7 is a awesome wet suit I dove one all last season. The only addition was the 5/3 merino Pinnacle hooded vest, with that combo it performed flawlessly. Even on deep dives 60-100 feet, low 40's it was enough. When fall came and air temps were in the 40's and the same in the water repeatitive dives got cold. But what do you expect from a 7mm? I would really like to try the Kodiak out to. It has the appearance and feel of the Elastiprene with alot more insulation! Either suit will do very well, Pinnacle is a class act and make some really awesome scuba gear. I am looking forward to more dives this year! Good luck and if you have any more questions ask away! CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

OK - now I am realy in a dilema on what to buy for the Santa Barbara to Monterey CA area:
Kodiak 8/6 Merino, hyperstretch, Riri front zip, o-ring&gusset wrists, chimney/ankle zips -$/avail=?
Polar 7/7, merino, not hyper stretch, front zip, integrated hood, ok$/available now
ME7 7/7, merino, hyperstretch, rear zip,o-ring wrist seals, gusseted ankle zips more$/aviable now
Element 7/5 merino, hyperstretch ... ~ a stretchy Arctic more$,/avail = ?
Arctic 7/5, merino, "batwing" rear zip = a challenge, ... great price $ /available now

For Monterey, I assume I would need a hooded vest 7/3, except for the Polar. I am not fond of integrated hoods, but then again, I am not fond of freezing my @$$ off either.

Does anyone else have experience with these suits and why you went with one vs. another?
I am targeting ~ one 2tank boat dive/mo in monterey, with occasional trips to SB and Catelina, so it is hard to justify a dry suit, except that lack of fondness listed above.

Thanks for your inputs - CDD

In terms of wetsuits this one takes 1st prize. I use it in Monterey and can do up to 3 dives without any problems at 48-51 degrees of cold...

Is it safe to assume with those temps it is a 7mm suit? Are you using a hooded vest with that as well? Just curious, considering the ME7.

If you wait about a month or so I should be able to give you a solid review of the Pinnacle Kodiak. Not sure when it will be in stock. Pinnacle gave my LDS a late April time frame for the wet suits to be in the US.

I bought the ME& and really love it. I dive Catalina a lot, and had it in 52-53F water at SB Island. I was a bit cold after the dive (not during) but lately I seem to always get cold. I added the hooded vest (love the extra neck seal on the vest. it really slows water exchange down) and am really toasty now. One other advantage is the wool lining. On a 2 day I left it inside out overnight just hanging from a railing. It was dry the next morning (50 degree temps overnight)! No putting on a damp cold wetsuit. Flexibility is excellent, and the fit for me was great. I also have a 7 mil Scubapro Exerflex, and this is more comfortable, warmer and easier to doff & don with the ankle zippers. The only thing I don't like is the zipper pad. Its too thick, so it allows just a small stream of water to run down the middle of your back between the pad and the wetsuit. All that said, I wish I had know about the Kodiak, as I probably would have bought that since I already had a 7mil that stil works great above 55F.

Back
Top Bottom