Pinnacle Merino-Elastiprene 5 wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krawlings

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased a Pinnacle Merino- Elastiprene 5 and I was wandering what eavery one thet uses one think about it . Does it realy keep you warmer that a reg. 5mm , 7mm Merino wet suit ? Every thing I have read siad that it will keep you 35% warmer . . I am looking forwared to diving with it this Fryday at Lake Lanier . I usually dive a 5mm xflex 5 and any thing 50 degrees and lower I get cold after 20 to 30 min.i allso have been adding a 3mm shorty over my 5mm full jumpsuit .
Looking forward to reading your opinions

I dove an identical suit for the first time last weekend in water that was 49F. I wore a hood and gloves and felt warm through two dives. I don't know about the percentages, but I am happy with the suit.

Both my husband and I have this suit, and I actually sold my regular Pinnacle 7mm and replaced it with the 5mm Merino lined. In comparing the regular 7mm vs the merino 5mm, I'd say that the merino lined suit is "almost" as warm as the 7mm, but close enough that the trade off in the bouyancy properties is worth it 100%. Now I wish I had bought a 3mm merino lined instead of the regular elastiprene. If it weren't so expensive to upgrade, I'd do it in a heartbeat. :wink:

I don't have 5mm merino, but I have both 7mm merino and non-merino elastiprene. They are about the same as far as warm goes. My mind tells me merino seems to be a little more comfortable, but not sure how much is due to the extra $100 I paid for it.. So if want you want is warm, go with thicker version assuming they both fit you well. When it comes to warm, thickness and fit are more important than material.

I've also looked into getting the 7mm merino elastiprene. What temperatures have people have gone to and how did it hold up in terms of warmth?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom