Pinnacle Merino Elastiprene 3mm, opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Being a Nor Cal diver, all my wetsuits are 7mm and up. Looking to buy a nice 'multi-location' wetsuit I can use when I travel to more tropical locations. Wondering if anyone can comment on the Pinnacle Merino Elastiprene 3mm?

I own the 3mm Elastiprene, although I haven' dived it much. Manufacturing quality seems to be excellent (what I would have expected from Pinnacle), the suit is pretty stretchy (at least compared to other 3mm I've owned before it's easy to don), good seals all around, thick spine protection (which took a bit getting used to for me, because it's a bit stiff), and it is WARM. I may have been narced on the surface, but I'd swear that some areas of the suit's interior weren't even wet after the dive. The only reason I haven't dived it much is that for the diving I do (typically in about 28 - 30 C water temp), the suit is overkill, and I prefer diving my 1mm suit. Everybody's temperature sensitivity is different, of course, but I'd venture a guess that that suit would serve me well and keep me comfortable down to water temperatures of about 20 degrees C or even a bit lower. Only "bad" thing I can say is that I wish the suit had zippers put in at arms/legs, but you can have the retro-fitted.

Quality great...make sure the cut is right for your body type.

Mine has on the legs.

Can't comment on the wetsuit (I dive dry) but I do use a Merino hood / gloves combination. Dived in Monterey this weekend, at 52' the water was ~45 degrees; I had no issues with heat retention/loss over the 42 minutes I was at depth.
I would definately recommend Pinnacle hood/gloves, I see no reason why their suits would be of lesser quality

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom