Pinnacle Fusion 5/4 - a super warm suit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidsdream

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For those of you (like my wife) that get easily chilled in mid to upper 70's water temps this suit is an outstanding option.

For years I have searched (and purchased quite a few suits) to try to keep my wife warm. Her last suit was a 2 piece 3mil O'neil farmer Jane. And unless the water was at least 82 she used utilized both pieces - and still called many dives at 40 minutes or so as she started to get chilled. This included diving in they Keys in April.

Well I purchased a Pinnacle http://www.pinnacleaquatics.com/productdetails.aspx?prodid=11&toplvl=4&catid=4&catprods=4 from LP right before our recent trip to Fiji. And guess what? She made 15 dives during the week and never once was cold (79 degree water temps). In fact she said she was often a bit warm.

This suit has Pinnacle's unique Merino wool lining and a great fold in next seal that has a neoprene drysuit "like" seal.

I purchased the suit from LP as none of my LDS's sell Pinnacles and other on-line dealers while listing them, did not have them in stock.

I was looking at getting this suit but I put that on hold because I just bought a new camera and housing.
I never needed more than a shorty before diving in tropical waters so I was surprised to find that I needed a full suit diving here in Brasil. So far I have been renting when needed but next time back in the states I think I will get this suit. I dont get cold to easy and Im scared Im going to hate the thickness of the 7mil, I hope the 5/4 will be ok for lower 70F water I have been diving in with 7mil rental suits.

I got a 5/4 Fusion for my recent trek to Maui, and it was great. It's the best-fitting suit I've ever tried; shame I can't use it for local diving (I wear a 7mm jumpsuit with a 6mm hooded-vest underneath, temps from 48-59F).

I might have a look at Pinnacle's 7mm's, but if it fits too well I might not fit the vest underneath (may be time to get a drysuit soon...).....

kidsdream:
This suit has Pinnacle's unique Merino wool lining and a great fold in next seal that has a neoprene drysuit "like" seal.

How does the neck seal work? Could you post a few pics of it? I'm just curious because wetsuit zippers are usually vertical ones at the back which go all the way up to the neck to split the suit, and if it does then I assume it would be hard to fold the neck seal unlike with drysuits which have either horizontal back zippers or diagonal front zippers. Or does this suit have a horizontal back zipper?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom