Pinnacle Evo vs. Evo 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After a bunch of research and opinions here, I decided to go with a Pinnacle DS. What advantages/disadvantages are there between the Evolution and Evolutiuon 2. Only real differences I can see is the telescoping and front entry. I don't consider front entry a big deal. Why is the telescoping a good/bad. Thanks.

After a bunch of research and opinions here, I decided to go with a Pinnacle DS. What advantages/disadvantages are there between the Evolution and Evolutiuon 2. Only real differences I can see is the telescoping and front entry. I don't consider front entry a big deal. Why is the telescoping a good/bad. Thanks.

Telescoping torso is a nice feature for all front entries, prevents the suit from being too baggy. If you don't go front entry route, you don't need it, I doubt there are back entry suits with it?

The real difference is that Evo 2 is all cordura, whereas Evo seems like regular trilam and cordura on the stress areas. Not sure if this is something that's important to you.

Having said that, I also figured I don't care for the front entry, but now that I have it, I'd never go back entry route. :)

Having assisted back-entry divers donning and doffing their DSs and having now donned and doffed my front-entry Evo 2, I gotta say front entry is the way to go. Get in an out is a synch.

The Evo 2 is built like a tank, extremely robust and tough. Having never handled the Evo, I cannot make a direct comparison however.

The TT is also great as the suit volume is better fitted to your torso length and and slack is secured around your stomach/waist area via a crotch strap. Neat idea IMHO.

Hope this helps. The Evo 2 is a great piece of kit. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom