Pinnacle Evo 2 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should check out the USIA Techniflex dry suit. http://www.usia.com/consumer/?p=154 Comparing the two I found it to be better than the Evo 2 is most respects and you can get a semi-custom or full custom suit for just a little more than the off-the-shelf sizes.

I'm expecting my suit to arrive some time next week. I fell between an XL and XL-Tall and I think it cost me an extra $75 to make the alterations. Here's their size chart http://www.usia.com/dealers/pdf/sizing_chart_2006.pdf . Looks like adding a couple of inches to their L-Tall might be just the trick for you.

Jerry Langan is USIA VP of Sales and goes out his way to facilitate orders from ScubaBoard members. Tell him Rob from Boston sent you. Here's his contact info:
Jerry Langan
USIA Underwater Equipment Sales
jerry@usia.com
www.usia.com

Good luck!

You should check out the USIA Techniflex dry suit. http://www.usia.com/consumer/?p=154 Comparing the two I found it to be better than the Evo 2 is most respects and you can get a semi-custom or full custom suit for just a little more than the off-the-shelf sizes.

I'm expecting my suit to arrive some time next week. I fell between an XL and XL-Tall and I think it cost me an extra $75 to make the alterations. Here's their size chart http://www.usia.com/dealers/pdf/sizing_chart_2006.pdf . Looks like adding a couple of inches to their L-Tall might be just the trick for you.

Jerry Langan is USIA VP of Sales and goes out his way to facilitate orders from ScubaBoard members. Tell him Rob from Boston sent you. Here's his contact info:
Jerry Langan
USIA Underwater Equipment Sales
jerry@usia.com
www.usia.com

Good luck!

Thanks Clam.

I am pretty set on the Evo 2 though... particularly when my LDS has a 12-month, interest-free repayment program on the suit. Not that I don't have the money, but it is more cost effective for me to pay in monthly instalments rather than drop $2,400 on the suit in one go.

Sounds like what I call a "wearable fit" not perfect, just wearable. At 6'6" I doubt you'll find a perfect fit in any off the rack size. If you're willing to take wearable... go for it. If not...That's why my suit is a custom.

I think thats a good response Steve. It does feel wearable, and not 100% perfect. I am quite happy with wearable though. Based on my contortions at the LDS, I should be fine in the water and not feel too constricted.

Given my dimensions, it is very difficult to buy a shirt and pants let alone a drysuit!

Only thing is... I'm 6'6" tall. The suit I tried on was a large tall.

Are you certain that the suit you tried on was actually a large tall?

I ask because I don't believe the EVO 2 is available in a large tall. If it was, I think they would have given me one. I got an XL, which is fine for my 6' 2" height, but as I'm skinny a large tall would have given me a slimmer fit. (I just double-checked this on the Pinnacle web site.)

Are you certain that the suit you tried on was actually a large tall?

I ask because I don't believe the EVO 2 is available in a large tall. If it was, I think they would have given me one. I got an XL, which is fine for my 6' 2" height, but as I'm skinny a large tall would have given me a slimmer fit. (I just double-checked this on the Pinnacle web site.)

From Pinnacle Aquatics :

Lg. Tall (2) 6'2" - 6'4" 195 - 220 40 - 44 34 - 37 40 - 44 31 - 33
187 - 193 89 - 100 101 - 111 86 - 94 101 - 111 74 - 84

(2) "Short" and "Tall" sizes are not offered in the Venture, Spirit, and Shadow.

Venture, Spirit & Shadow are thin Pinnacle wetsuits. There the Evo 2 is offered in a LT. I am also 95% sure the one I tried on is an LT.

Thanks Clam.

I am pretty set on the Evo 2 though... particularly when my LDS has a 12-month, interest-free repayment program on the suit. Not that I don't have the money, but it is more cost effective for me to pay in monthly instalments rather than drop $2,400 on the suit in one go.

Understandable. I've rarely met a "no interest" deal I didn't like!

But you still might want to give the Techniflex a look. It'll go toe-to-toe with the Evo 2 and you can pick it up (with custom alterations) for HALF ($1200) of what you're paying for the Evo 2. Check out Divers Supply Great deal on USIA TECHNIFLEX DRY SUIT from Divers-Supply.com

Understandable. I've rarely met a "no interest" deal I didn't like!

But you still might want to give the Techniflex a look. It'll go toe-to-toe with the Evo 2 and you can pick it up (with custom alterations) for HALF ($1200) of what you're paying for the Evo 2. Check out Divers Supply Great deal on USIA TECHNIFLEX DRY SUIT from Divers-Supply.com

Thanks Clam. I'm in Australia and since I like to count my pennies, I did the sums on getting a DS from overseas a while ago.

Basically getting the USIA suit landed in Aus (incl shipping and taxes) would be about $1,700. Then you add the undergarments, rockboots, hood and carry bag that I get with the Evo 2 (included in the $2,400) and I am looking at close to $2,000. Add the opportunity cost of paying $2,000 for the suit upfront instead of getting an interest-free deal (i.e. $2,000 @ 8% for 12 months) and I am now looking at a total of $2,160. Convert $2,160 to AUD and I've got $2,400 AUD.

So I end up spending about the same amount of cash, but won't have the benefit of trying everything on first hand at the LDS, etc.

Yes, I know, I'm a geek.

From Pinnacle Aquatics :

Lg. Tall (2) 6'2" - 6'4" 195 - 220 40 - 44 34 - 37 40 - 44 31 - 33
187 - 193 89 - 100 101 - 111 86 - 94 101 - 111 74 - 84

(2) "Short" and "Tall" sizes are not offered in the Venture, Spirit, and Shadow.

Venture, Spirit & Shadow are thin Pinnacle wetsuits. There the Evo 2 is offered in a LT. I am also 95% sure the one I tried on is an LT.

What can I say? If you go to the description of the Evo 2 and look at the available sizes you'll see that they don't list any talls. I would love to have one--the XL is a little baggier on me than it needs to be.

Great suit, though. I'll wear it forever.

the XL is a little baggier on me than it needs to be.

Thats very helpful feedback Joe. You just convinced me to not change my LT for a XXXL. A XXXL would be very baggy everywhere (based on my dimensions vs. the suit's) except the length of the legs.

Back
Top Bottom