Pinnacle Evo 2 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkatchalov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I'm looking to buy the Evo 2 and went into my LDS to try it on. It fit very well in the shoulders, waist and feet.

Only thing is... I'm 6'6" tall. The suit I tried on was a large tall. The legs of the suit were fairly stretched when I had it on - when I tried to do the squats to get the air out, it wasn't super easy given the tightness in the legs (I have long legs).

Is the above ok? I could still do the squats, it was just a little more difficult than if I did it in my, say, tracksuit pants. I don't want to damage the suit in any way by constantly doing squats and stretching the material and stressing the join between the neoprene socks/boots and the suit.

Apart from the above the suit fit very well and there was not a lot of loose material around me, which I assume is a good thing.

Thanks.

I would say you should be able to do the squats without any tightness, I wouldn't want to be restricted when it matters. Just out of curiosity where are you located? My LDS has a Pinnacle 2 in 3XL in stock, I'm 6 foot 3, and I can stand it up with the neck over my head. If you happen to be in Ontario you could maybe come try it on as a comparison.

Check out the Pinnacle sizing chart. Pinnacle Aquatics. A Large tall does NOT go to 6'6", and you have undoubtedly pulled all of the overlap out of the midsection, which is supposed to be there. I am 6'1" and thin, and the MLT or regular large is what I need. Hope that helps.

Check out the Pinnacle sizing chart. Pinnacle Aquatics. A Large tall does NOT go to 6'6", and you have undoubtedly pulled all of the overlap out of the midsection, which is supposed to be there. I am 6'1" and thin, and the MLT or regular large is what I need. Hope that helps.

Thanks to all who replied.

I have two problems: a) I'm tall, skinny, wide shoulders and chest and lanky; b) I'm in Australia, hence popping down to Ontario is out of the question :D

My problem is that according to the Pinnacle Sizing Chart (I've seen it before), there is no pinnacle suit that fits me at all. the Large Tall is the closest suit to fit all my measurements (yes the height 6'4" is shorter than I am by two inches). The chest, waist and weight measurements on the LT are perfect for me though and match 100%. If I go to bigger sizes, the height stays the same (according to the chart), but the waist, chest and weight measurements increase way beyond what I currently am. This leads me to think that the suit won't fit as well as the LT.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

You also need to be able to easily stand on one leg and do the figure 4 to put your fins on (use one hand to balance yourself, lift and bend your other leg to use you second hand to put on your fin). If you can't bend your leg easily, then putting fins on may be difficult - and climbing up onto dive boat swim platforms.

David

You also need to be able to easily stand on one leg and do the figure 4 to put your fins on (use one hand to balance yourself, lift and bend your other leg to use you second hand to put on your fin). If you can't bend your leg easily, then putting fins on may be difficult - and climbing up onto dive boat swim platforms.

David

Yeah, I have tried that in this suit and I can do it.

It looks like the XXXL is the right height for me, but the weight, chest and waist measurements are way more than what I actually am. This makes me think the suit will be very baggy, trap air, etc, particularly in the legs. Is this the case?

The thing is, the LT fits me very well and quite fitted everywhere, especially the legs - which I assume is a good thing given this should prevent air getting trapped in the legs. Maybe I should pull the telescopic torso down a bit over my legs? I'm pretty sure there is still some slack in it.

I tried the EVO 2, mainly as a nod to my LDS since I was planning on getting a DUI. It fit pretty well, except for around my hips. It was a little snug there which made the whole suit feel tight, since it could freely slide up and down my torso while I moved. Going to a larger size didn't look to be an option, since it changed just about every other dimension. That's the problem with stock sizes when you are a little irregular. I never thought that I had wide hips until I tried on this suit. It may have been cut a little narrow in the 2 inch spec range, but I'll never know. I ended up buying a custom TLS350.

What kind of undergarments were you wearing? Were they the same weight and style as you would wear for diving? Will you ever wear anything heavier? If you weren't wearing proper undergarments (did you say that you were wearing track pants?), the suit may move differently (better or worse).

I think its better to have a little extra room than not enough. You definitely want that full fold over around the waist to give you slack for movement. My suit is cut a little looser around the torso than I think it should be - probably because I spec'd heavier undergarments than I normally use. Still, it does vacuum pack tightly around me and the excess material hasn't been a problem.

David

I got an ML size, figured it would be a tad tall, as I'm 175cm tall, falling in the bottom end of the scale for it (or even off the scale). It does look huge when stretched, but with undergarment, I can do a #4 with my legs, anything smaller would present a problem. No extra material.

I had a problem that my shoulders and chest didn't fit size M, but looked like that would be it size wise. I had the option to shorten the legs a bit on the ML, I'm sure glad I didn't...

I know this doesn't help. :)

Sounds like what I call a "wearable fit" not perfect, just wearable. At 6'6" I doubt you'll find a perfect fit in any off the rack size. If you're willing to take wearable... go for it. If not...That's why my suit is a custom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom