Pinnacle Evo 2 drysuit reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Ah so many suits, so little time.
I am hearing all the buzz locally about the Pinnacle Evo 2 drysuit. My LDS says that is THE suit that everybody is wanting. For those of you that own one, are they that good? How do they stack up to a comparable DUI suit?
How would rate them for comfort, dryness and overall satisfaction?

What size vulcanized boot should I go with if I wear a size 10 shoe?

This is a great suit and has been a popular seller for us, the only issue is......
How well do you fall into their size chart?

Boot Size 11 if you wear a ten....

PM me your Email and I will send you Pinnacles Measuring chart to ensure you get the proper sized suit.....

The suit is rock-solid, and well constructed. Definitely upsize the molded boots. Mine came in with 11's, instead of 12, so there was no room for insulating booties. Hopefully my replacement will be in next week. Can't wait to get it wet.

I have rented this suit from my LDS and liked it quite a bit. Of course I have little to compare it to. I know the suit I wear a size 10 and had size 13 boots which were way too big. So it sounds like you need to come down somewhere inbetween.

I saw the Pinnacle measuring chart on line at Pinnacle's web site. Looks like I will fit into the Large Short. I'm going to find some LDS here in Atlanta that has one I can try on during the holidays.
The boots being attached are a great advantage.

A buddy of mine (RARAK) just got one and tried it out this past weekend. He is....compact, and was worried about the length of the kneepads coming so close to the boots. He made 5 dives over the weekend and stayed totally dry. With the price difference between DUI and the Pin, its definitely a suit worth looking into. The seals are about 2x as thick as my zip seals, and comes stock with two thigh pockets (albeit small pockets), he also commented on how cumfy the boots are...

It might be hard to find one to try on...

Drysuits are expensive and most stores dont stock many of them, and a Large Short is an inbetween size that those that would stock, probably wont have in stock, they would have a Large, Medium, etc.....Pinnacle has about 15 sizes and thats waaaaaay to much inventory for any shop to carry and hold in their store. Not trying to be negative, but I dont think your going to have much luck.

Also, if you just looked at the size chart on their site, its not as detailed as the one they give us for measuring....trust me, based on experience, I recommend using the one I have....

Also, dependin on how your shop works, I give Pinnacle the measurements and let them pick the suit and do minor alterations before it ships so its a perfect fit.....it has taken a couple times to learn this lesson, so please take my word for it :wink:

You should definetly try though, and also ask if they have sold any in that size that they might be able to ask the customer if you can try it on.....its worth a shot, most of our customers would be more than happy to help another....

David, dont tell me you make fun of Roberts fins :wink:

I talked with him today and he really liked the drysuit class and the suit, we are still working to resolve a couple small things though to fit his suit better....and get him back in the water ASAP...Tell him I said "Hi" next time you talk to him....hmmmm I wonder how long until he finds this thread :D

don't forget that Pinnacle also offer the neoprene dry sock vice the molded rubber boot. Then you can wear overboots and probably get a better fit. As you can adjust the laces to fit whatever insulation that you actually wear that day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom