Pinnacle / DUI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also dive the Evo2, with the Pinnacle U/G, and use the setup as a working DM. It is a GREAT suit. My only regret is that I did not get the "convenience zipper". It sure would be nice to be able to take a leak between dives without having to get out of the wrist seals, zipper, and neck seal. I should have sent mine back during the "off season", but did not know about the convenience zipper option until last week.

Lots of suits work great when they're new.

One of the things you're doing when you drop serious ching into a custom drysuit, is you're amortizing your cost out over the life of the suit. A good suit (depending on how frequently you dive, whether you're diving at abrasive sites, what you're doing in it, etc.,) should last ten years or more. You'll need to change wrist and neck seals, perhaps repair some leaks, aquaseal some seams, etc., but the suit itself should last quite awhile.

For whichever suit you think you want to buy, look around and try to find guys who have owned one like it for six to ten years. Ask them how the suit has held up over time.

I've got a custom DUI suit I bought new in 2002. Its got around six years on it, looks good, changed wrist and necks seals once or twice, it still holding up real well. No complaints (except its shrunk a bit around the waist. Go figure.)

See whether you can find similar reports on whichever suit you think you want to invest in.

:wink:

Regards,

Doc

Well, I have both. I have the Pinnacle Evo II, and the DUI TLS-350.
The Evo II was my first drysuit. It is bullet proof! Never a leak, never a problem. It is a great drysuit. The Evo II has 2 drawbacks. Like I said it is bullet proof, but that toughness leads to it's drawbacks. It is very heavy..too heavy to travel with and it is fairly stiff. My Evo has the molded boots which are not the most flexible things. Using the Evo II I had some issues with valve drills and back kicks. One the recommendation of both my GUE mentor and JJ, I got a DUI TLS-350. It is light, it is flexible. I have no problems with valve drills or back kicks. I love TLS! (The Si-Tech dump is a bit wet). To me and my diving style, the TLS is worth the extra cost.

PS. My large EVO II with Halcyon p-valve is for sale. :wink:

Lots of suits work great when they're new.

One of the things you're doing when you drop serious ching into a custom drysuit, is you're amortizing your cost out over the life of the suit. A good suit (depending on how frequently you dive, whether you're diving at abrasive sites, what you're doing in it, etc.,) should last ten years or more. You'll need to change wrist and neck seals, perhaps repair some leaks, aquaseal some seams, etc., but the suit itself should last quite awhile.

For whichever suit you think you want to buy, look around and try to find guys who have owned one like it for six to ten years. Ask them how the suit has held up over time.

I've got a custom DUI suit I bought new in 2002. Its got around six years on it, looks good, changed wrist and necks seals once or twice, it still holding up real well. No complaints (except its shrunk a bit around the waist. Go figure.)

See whether you can find similar reports on whichever suit you think you want to invest in.

:wink:

Regards,

Doc

I have had my custom DUI for 10 years, just starting to reach end of life. I was also wondering about another one vs a Pinnacal. Think I will go with thw DUI again just because I know for sure .

KPdiver- go figure 3 days after your at our store, I get a Evo II in....So if your coming back to the area....

Your hose should be to me no later than Wednesday, and ship same day...

Goodluck picking a DS, let me know if you have anymore questions :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom