Pinnacle 200 versus DUI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingtpapa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I am new to drysuits, but I wanted to purchase one for diving in the quarries of Central PA and Virginia. I also wanted a drysuit that would be durable to do wreck diving off the North Eastern US. I was considering a DUI 200, Trilam 350, or a Pinnacle 200 in crushed neoprene. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Terry

I dive in PA and the other places you mentioned. I can only vouch for the CF200. Just do yourself a favor and get a P-Valve when you order the suit so you are not like me and have to send it back to get it installed. Whether you are at Dutch or Willow Springs ore a dive boat off the North Atlantic, you will have to pee.

Stay hydrated my friend.....

I dove a TLS350 (smooth in the water, drys fast & light for travel) for 6 years, I got a new suit last year and switched to the FLX Extreme. LOVE IT!! It dives just like my TLS350 but I feel that it is a little tougher.

Personally I am not a fan of the CF200. Although it is a tough suit, it is Heavy and takes about 40hrs to truly dry. You can do everything from diving in 85 degree water to ice diving in a Trilaminate suit all you have to do is adjust your undergarment appropriately.

Key Options:
Tough Duck Overlay
2 Bellows Velcro Pockets
CF200 Knee Pads
Turbo Soles
P-Valve

D.U.I. is having a DEMO WEEKEND at Dutch on May 21st & 22nd. I can get you tickets if you want to attend.

As far as Pinnacle, I believe they are going through some restructuring, you may have to wait and see. There are some posts on the boards in regard to this, just do a search.

Feel Free to contact me with any other questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom