Pink stuff on c-5050 pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
Can you edit RAW with PS7? What filter do you whip out?
You will need to get the RAW plugin for PS7. I think it's bundled as part of CS (I'm not sure of this as I don't have CS).

Lately I have been playing around a little with a Hoya FL-D and FL-W filter. The FL-D is essentially a topside filter used for correcting flourescent light with daylight film - it consists of magenta and warming filters. The FL-W has a stronger magenta component and less warming. I also have some Lee red, cyan and green filters of varying strengths which I haven't had the opportunity to try yet.

Trials are still in it's early stages so not much to comment on.

Thanks for all the great information everyone! My head hurts from sqeezing in all this knowledge :D .

Dee:
Somehow I was expecting you to get around to that! :D

Speaking of large cards, I bet the reason the pics taken after calibrating using the sand was better is because it was such a large area!

My concern is not so much about doing a manual white balance with the white card close-by and taking a picture of something further away - this only means that the subject further away will be bluer (or greener) than what is closer.

The concern is for those parts of the picture that are closer than where you did the white balance or where there is un-even lighting - those parts are going to appear redder than usual.

Mind you these are all guesses - I could be totally wrong about this whole 'pink' thing....

ReyeR:
Mind you these are all guesses - I could be totally wrong about this whole 'pink' thing....

With you track record, I'll go along with your guesses! :D

Lisa has access to clear water, she'll have to do my testing for me!

ReyeR:
The concern is for those parts of the picture that are closer than where you did the white balance or where there is un-even lighting - those parts are going to appear redder than usual.
On the dive that my pic was taken I used both a small slate and the sand to MWB. I can't remember which I used for this shot. When I use sand it is pretty close and I zoom in to get the rocks out of the sample field. I'll pay closer attention next dive to slate vs sand and distance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom