Pink stuff on c-5050 pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
Dee and Justleesa had posts in the past about pictures getting a pink color in some areas. I must be getting better at my photography skills with the 5050 because in some of my pics there is some slight pink stuff (thats what I get from learning from you two :wink:). It seems to happen after I auto adjust levels in ps7 and is most noticed in water backgrounds. I don't use an external strobe and I think that the pics I've seen it on have been with white balance not internal flash. Has anyone figured this out yet? I can fix the color thing but was just wondering if it is still happening to anyone else and if there seems to be some common cause.

Your problem is over-adjustment in PS using auto-levels. PS is trying to add red to your image. You can go to edit and back off the auto-level to about 50% to get rid of most of the pink.

justleesa:
woulda helped if I had added the thread, wouldn't it?... Mental note to me ~ Never type at 1AM
http://www.scubaboard.com/t58753.html
That's the thread I was talking about. I just didn't know if you were still having trouble or if the problem ever had a resolution.

I have followed in your footsteps and gotten pink stuff all of my own now - aren't you proud of your pupil :D ?

jlyle:
Your problem is over-adjustment in PS using auto-levels. PS is trying to add red to your image. You can go to edit and back off the auto-level to about 50% to get rid of most of the pink.
I can isolate the area and work on it too. I was wondering what caused it and maybe it is the over exposure red shift - mine seem to happen in bright areas.

justleesa:
Proud of ya like a mother of her first born :wink: :eyebrow:
I guess we're keeping it all in the OLY family.

Wow, something to look forward too, lol. I just got my non-discontinued PT-015 housing today. Now I gotta gather enough cash for the camera. Look out pink stuff, here I come. Thanks for all the tips. Maybe I'll be more educated once I get it all together and am ready to take some pics. Greg

gt2003:
Wow, something to look forward too, lol. I just got my non-discontinued PT-015 housing today. Now I gotta gather enough cash for the camera. Look out pink stuff, here I come. Thanks for all the tips. Maybe I'll be more educated once I get it all together and am ready to take some pics. Greg
Who pronounced the Pt-015 "not discontinued"?

I was referring to the earlier thread questioning whether or not it had been discontinued. Thankfully Olympus confirmed that it will still be made for some while. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. Greg

gt2003:
I was referring to the earlier thread questioning whether or not it had been discontinued. Thankfully Olympus confirmed that it will still be made for some while. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. Greg
There was no confusion here - I just wanted to hear that it was from Olympus and you granted my wish - thanks.

Back
Top Bottom