Pink stuff on c-5050 pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dee and Justleesa had posts in the past about pictures getting a pink color in some areas. I must be getting better at my photography skills with the 5050 because in some of my pics there is some slight pink stuff (thats what I get from learning from you two :wink:). It seems to happen after I auto adjust levels in ps7 and is most noticed in water backgrounds. I don't use an external strobe and I think that the pics I've seen it on have been with white balance not internal flash. Has anyone figured this out yet? I can fix the color thing but was just wondering if it is still happening to anyone else and if there seems to be some common cause.

Can you post a sample?

ReyeR:
Can you post a sample?
Mine is a lot lighter than theirs but if you look at the top right corner the color is not quite right. The first pic is after auto levels and the second is straight from the camera. I do see a little pink on the naked shot too.

I took it using MWB, no strobe. Processing was only a tweaking of Brightness/contrast.

adb.sized.jpg

Someone, I think it was Mandrake, Mask the pink part and fixed it but I'm just starting to learn PS7 and I don't know how to mask off a specific area yet.

I also have several like this one, MWB, no strobe. I don't use the auto fix thing but I forget exactly what I did on this one. I know I didn't change any colors.
aal.sized.jpg

Dee.... I'm stumped! Especially in the flounder shot. I wonder if it's because of the MWB - but why just a portion of the picture? :06:

Do you have an un-tweaked version of the flounder?

looks like a serious problem. Could be something wrong with the imaging receptor on the camera. Do you have this problem with land shots???

I have the same trouble....I can say that after noticing it in the picture I am watching more closely when I take pictures and I think most of the time it is the side the light comes from, in pictures of things that are farther away - but always when using MWB.
Here is the other thread and a pic from me

I think it is called a overexposure red-color shift. Apparently quite common in digital cameras. When part of the image is over exposed, there is a shift in coloration towards red. Not sure if you can do anything about it. Best thing is to use the bright area to get exposure reading before your shot. In the case of close-ups... try to light the object equally to ensure even exposure.

ReyeR:
Dee.... I'm stumped! Especially in the flounder shot. I wonder if it's because of the MWB - but why just a portion of the picture? :06:

Do you have an un-tweaked version of the flounder?

Here's the original and the EXIF

adk.sized.jpg

ExposureTime : 1/160Sec
FNumber : F2.6
ExposureProgram : Aperture Priority
ISOSpeedRatings : 64
ExposureBiasValue : EV0.0
MaxApertureValue : F2.6
ExposureMode : Auto
WhiteBalance : Manual
SceneCaptureType : Standard

Back