Pink Octo - Yay or Nay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ctiffin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Divers!

I just purchased my first octo - Atomic Aquatics Z2 - and would like to put a pink color kit on it as well as change out the house with a fluorescent pink miflex hose. The bf and I are having a back and forth on the color choice - he says that for safety sake I should leave the yellow face plate on as it is the 'common' color for a safety.
Thoughts?

What ever floats your boat. Nothing wrong with PINK even for guys. In an out of air situation you will probably be mugged for your primary any way. In the ideal OOA situation the OOA diver gets the reg that is offered, if it provides air color doe not matter.

Flourecents tend to be more visible under water any way.

nothing says it should be yellow. i know many divers that use 2 of the same primary both being black. you should know where to find your buddies octo who cares what color it is, as long as it works.

If you get the pink faceplate and then the bf convinces you to switch back to yellow, you can sell it to my buddy here for the second stage on her deco bottle...

RR.jpg

all of my regulators are black. There is no safety issue with regulator color choice, since your buddy should be familiar with your setup and know how to get gas from you if need be.

You should get pink color kits for both, and why not pink hoses while your at it :)

Presumably as you go deeper, pink might not be as visible as yellow (ROY G BIV).

Hey, I thought that pink was a "girly" color and avoided it as much as possible - that is until I got I got some overgrips for tennis racquets that were pink for the "breast cancer" crusades. They were really great - fluorescent and all.

I now love pink - go for it!!

Go for the pink...highly visible.

Yellow is boring and aggravates me. I say make both of them pink. Look in my avatar, my backup is blue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom