Pictures of July 7ths Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
We did two dives today, the first at the YO. The current was VERY strong - which takes a lot of fun out of it. It was so bad that we had to go get a couple of divers that drifted off some 4-500 meters behind the boat.
At the second site we didn't have any current, but the vis was pretty crappy. So I didn't find all to much that I wanted to take pictures of.Take a look here

Lisa,

Excellent pics. Nothing much to take pictures of? I really like the one of the divers hanging on the line. And I wish I could see well enough to make sure my focus was as good as the third picture when I do a macro. Wow!

Thanks JRO :D we are so lucky here that the turtles are bored with us and stay put when we take their pictures.

I know what you mean Dennis....I was still using my old mask and can't really see a thing. It's all guesstimanted. I have a whole series of a leafscorpion where the focus is always just behind him. It sucks. Today I ordered the magnifier from Yuzo. I hope this makes a difference.

Nice pictures, great detail. Hawaiian divesites are some of my favorite places, any pros and cons on Carribean diving? More or less marine life, bigger schools of fish, etc.?

Dive Safe

Sorry, haven't been there yet....I've only dove here and the Red Sea.

comparing it to that - my first impression was disappointment. My first 20 dives were in the Red Sea and the formations and the coral were just fantastic there. I came here and the coral was short and stubby, lacking the color and the formations, coming up in the middle of no where, are few. But after diving here for so many years I can say I love our wrecks, can't get enough of them and now, that I know what to look for, I am finding all the little fun stuff. Plus the turtles...they are just every where. I could watch them for hours. Also love the fact that I can go pretty much when ever I want :D

Funny, your first shot of the turtle reminded me of ET. PHONE HOME!

Nice shots, and you can get a sense of the current in the shot of the divers hanging on tightly to that line.

marpacifica:
Funny, your first shot of the turtle reminded me of ET. PHONE HOME!
24.gif

Nice shots, and you can get a sense of the current in the shot of the divers hanging on tightly to that line

Yeah, it was the worst that is has been for a while...at least in the last times I dove there. I always think of myself as a flag in the wind with that kind of current

Lisa,
Wow - that magnifier looks very tempting. Do you know what that came out to in US $'s? Let us know how it works out when it comes.
Oh, and I love that turtle shot, too - it's a great pic!

saf_25:
Lisa,
Wow - that magnifier looks very tempting. Do you know what that came out to in US $'s? Let us know how it works out when it comes.
Oh, and I love that turtle shot, too - it's a great pic!

Thanks saf_25. It's about $43 plus shipping, but I also ordered several other items so shipping isn't going to be that much if you add it up for each item. Dee has one and loves it...I am really hoping that I'll love it as much

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom