Pictures: Copper Roof House Carmel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryssyr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What a strange day diving at copper roof house in carmel. The vis went from 1 ft pea soup to nearly tropical in the course of a few minutes. Two dives in Carmel that lasted about 1 hour each.

Here are the pictures. Thanks to Devin for meeting up for my last dive locally for about one month.

Last edited:
Great shots Robin! Looks like a really nice site too. I'd like to check it out sometime. Have a good trip!

What a strange day diving at copper roof house in carmel. The vis went from 1 ft pea soup to nearly tropical in the course of a few minutes. Two dives in Carmel that lasted about 1 hour each.

Here are the pictures. Thanks to Devin for meeting up for my last dive locally for about one month.

Great shots Robin! The weekend was phenomenal, you don't get viz like that every day.

Those earwig-like kelp critters get all over me. A nice dried one just fell off my suit a few minutes ago, they really get into the nooks and crannies.

how was pt. lobos?

It was crazy exhausting. We stretched the day out as long as we could, and I pretty much fell asleep as soon as I got back home, through most of Sunday as well. In the words of one my buddies there, "it was not a good day for marital harmony."

Here's mine: DivingCopperRoofHouse080914

Thanks for sharing the photos - I really want to try that site sometime as well. Can someone confirm that the Copper House is Frank Lloyd Wright's "Walker Residence"? Here's some photos:
Walker Residence - Frank Lloyd Wright - Great Buildings Online

-Kevin

It is. This was my first time diving there as well. Its a good spot for non-divers or 'surface supporters' too. Big beach, dog friendly, and strategically placed restrooms.

There was a big sandcastle building contest yesterday. We should have walked over to take pictures, but I was getting hungry and feeling pretty wiped out.

Hopefully the vis hold up for this coming weekend. I will possibly be doing some dives Friday for my mapping project and then helping with an O/W class Sat/Sun. Ill keep my fingers crossed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom