Pictures - CoCoView - Roatan, Honduras May 9th - May 16th 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the additional info. And that's a cool eagle ray video. I've never seen one so shallow. Seems like they usually prefer much deeper water.

YW =)

Well .. i "caught" it twice in the shallows, two days apart, im currently uploading a 4 minute video to youtube where i got to follow it in almost a full circle =) Ill pst the link here as well once its up =)

Haaaaa Thomas !! Just found your write up and pics . . they look GREAT !! It was a lot of fun diving with you three !!! LOL . . it sure seemed that you folks got your moneys worth of "WATER TIME" . . . before breakfast dive . . two boat dives before lunch . . . two boat dives after lunch . . and a night dive . . . all that in just ONE DAY !! LOL It was great having you three on the boat with the "Dive Buddies" crew !!! I think you will agree that Mr Kirk was a great DM . . . though I can attest that ALL the boat crew are FANTASTIC !!

Will be sending you pics shortly . . still have not finished tweaking the last few. Have a few on Flicker if you would like to see them early . . the images on the first page are all new for this year . .

Flickr: Zorrr2's Photostream

I still have your email address . . will be sending you a PDF file of images soon . . take care . . Mark

Hej Thomas from a Scandinavian neighbor!

Thanks for sharing your great pictures from Coco view. It looks like a really nice resort and dive operation.

I might go there in January, so it was really interesting to watch.

How did you fly from Atlanta?

Hej Thomas from a Scandinavian neighbor!

Thanks for sharing your great pictures from Coco view. It looks like a really nice resort and dive operation.

I might go there in January, so it was really interesting to watch.

How did you fly from Atlanta?

Hi Maggy .. we ( us three danes) can warmly recommend it. Though, January .. phew .. you need to be lucky to get a room there, its almost booked a year in advance! It is worth the wait though.

We flew from Copenhagen to Atlanta with Delta airlines (10 hours), then next day we flew from atlanta to roatan with delta airlines (2 horus 45 minutes)as well.

On the way home, we Jumped from roatan vi atlanta(2 hours 45 minutes) to paris on delta(9 hours), and from paris to copenhagen (3 hours )vi used air france.

Also .. forget about bringing insect repellent from sweden, use the local stuff ( castus juice ) it comes in more variation, where my favorite is with 20 SPF as well, keeps the bugs away. We were luckly on the weather though, a few mild rainshowers and a bit windy, so not that many no-see-ums =)

Feel free to ask for any specifics if i/we can help you, we would love to =)

Hi!

Thanks for the information. The trip I might attend, is with a local diveshop in Wisconsin (where I have friends) and I believe they already have a reservation for a group. I went to Cozumel with them in April, and had a fantastic time. My first dedicated dive trip and that made me want to do it again.

Resorts that are fullybooked a year in advanced are usually very good, so that's great to hear.

Anyone know a good diving book about Bay Islands? Or a good book about Roatan/Bay islands in general?

I miss scuba diving so much, so I'm soon beginning to reconsider if I shall try and dive at home. Not sure yet...

Hi!

Thanks for the information. The trip I might attend, is with a local diveshop in Wisconsin (where I have friends) and I believe they already have a reservation for a group. I went to Cozumel with them in April, and had a fantastic time. My first dedicated dive trip and that made me want to do it again.

Resorts that are fullybooked a year in advanced are usually very good, so that's great to hear.

Anyone know a good diving book about Bay Islands? Or a good book about Roatan/Bay islands in general?

I miss scuba diving so much, so I'm soon beginning to reconsider if I shall try and dive at home. Not sure yet...

Maggy - go for it!!! I know you went to SCC a few weeks after we did (we were there the last week of March) and in comparing the two, CoCoView Resort wins hands down!!! You will love it! :D Everything about it is better than SCC. Really! The resort, the staff, the diving...... it is ALL better! :D We can't wait to go back.

My trip report: http://www.rnrscuba.net/CCV_Trip_Report.html

There isn't really a good book about diving Bay Islands, I have looked and there just isn't anything worth buying. But --- a SB member here, Ronscuba, has some fantastic videos! I have 2 videos also, but my camcorder died on day 2 so not so much good stuff underwater. Check them out here:
Search videos for 'roatan Cocoview scuba' on Vimeo

robin:D

Maggy - go for it!!! I know you went to SCC a few weeks after we did (we were there the last week of March) and in comparing the two, CoCoView Resort wins hands down!!! You will love it! :D Everything about it is better than SCC. Really! The resort, the staff, the diving...... it is ALL better! :D We can't wait to go back.

My trip report: CoCoView Resort, 2008

There isn't really a good book about diving Bay Islands, I have looked and there just isn't anything worth buying. But --- a SB member here, Ronscuba, has some fantastic videos! I have 2 videos also, but my camcorder died on day 2 so not so much good stuff underwater. Check them out here:
Search videos for 'roatan Cocoview scuba' on Vimeo

robin:D

Thanks! Yes, I remember us talking about SCC and it makes me happy to hear that CocoView is even better. I was totally OK with SCC, it served it's purpose.

I don't intend to hijack this thread, so I will keep this short or start a new thread if I have more questions.

Thanks for the links, I will check them out. The reason I asked about the books, was because I didn't find any at a first quick look.

I'll go if I can afford, get vacation and also get an OK from my non diving husband.

I decided to go with Vimeo.com instead of youtube ( "#Ž¤%%"#Ž¤ youtube!)

So here are two eagle ray videos:

2009 - Roatan, Honduras - CoCoView Frontyard with Eagle Ray on Vimeo

2009 - Roatan, Honduras - CoCoView Frontyard with Eagle Ray #2 on Vimeo

Great videos! I saw 4 eagles rays when we were at CCV 4/11-18 and they were all in the front yard, two of them while walking out for a night dive. A couple friends saw two in tandem gliding by the PA wreck.

I love those things, they're so graceful in the water just hanging out gliding by.

I'll go if I can afford, get vacation and also get an OK from my non diving husband.

We can switch .. and he can have my non.diving wife ! HAHA

But geesh .. i know the feeling =)

Great videos! I saw 4 eagles rays when we were at CCV 4/11-18 and they were all in the front yard, two of them while walking out for a night dive. A couple friends saw two in tandem gliding by the PA wreck.

I love those things, they're so graceful in the water just hanging out gliding by.

I totally agree, they are so elegant when they come "flying" past you =) The 2nd one hovered 10 feet away from me to my right while i was fumbling with my camera, then it started moving past me, slowly but .. ohh so elegant =)

Back
Top Bottom