Pictures, Ads, etc. that are free to print

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are a few :thumb:

mid-60s-photo-jpg.628106.jpg

Dive photo of pretty woman, I think this is from 1965.

After looking at the pretty girl, you may notice some odd piece of gear:

I wonder what is on the back of that cylinder. I don't recognize that. It looks kind of small for a back mounted scooter of that era, but that is all I can think of.

The mouthpiece is also odd. I have seen and used a similar half-mask style mouthpiece like that for underwater communications, but I haven't actually seen that particular model.

Added: I found on page 2 of the 1963 Sportways catalog what they called the "Hydro-Mask". It is a similar half lower mask for the regulator (instead of a mouthpiece), but it is not the same as the one in the picture. The Sportways catalog shows it with only one strap. I did not see any similar item in the other Sportways catalogs of that time.

and this is me.

full.jpg

Well it's not but it sure looks how I looked sitting around in similar gear on the same chair sucking on fags

I pretty much finished my wall tonight with the help of my awesome daughter. Scuba Lawyer, the picture you gave me is in there somewhere, can you spot it?
D8EFD52C-4306-4A64-B055-110CFC2D3D2F.jpeg
401F66E1-8F2E-4A3D-9318-CF9ACF6A1C08.jpeg

I see it - center right. Cool.

Back
Top Bottom