Picture of me from 1968 -- True Sea Hunt Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I finally got around to looking at some old slides today and came across this one of me diving in Hawaii (off Maui I think) in November, 1968. I'm diving an AquaMaster, using a backplate (I think it was a Scubapro) and a MaeWest vest.

I was LOT younger then (and 20? pounds lighter!).

smpeter.jpg

Peter Guy:
I finally got around to looking at some old slides today and came across this one of me diving in Hawaii (off Maui I think) in November, 1968. I'm diving an AquaMaster, using a backplate (I think it was a Scubapro) and a MaeWest vest.

I was LOT younger then (and 20? pounds lighter!).

showphoto.php

Whoa... Cool... Now you have to get another picture in the same gear/same pose :)

Nice pic.

Doc, regarding the DIR -- I guess you are right because the "reg" I'd be donating IS my primary AND the "reg" I'd be breathing after donating IS "bungied" around my neck!

Peter Guy:
Doc, regarding the DIR -- I guess you are right because the "reg" I'd be donating IS my primary AND the "reg" I'd be breathing after donating IS "bungied" around my neck!

Now, that's a good one!

Of equal interest is how was the picture taken? Nikonos? Rollie? Other housed camera?

Thal -- the question of how the picture was taken is a VERY good one -- and I'm not sure I have the answer to it -- although I think I know.

I got certified in 1967 in my college PE class as a freshman. My mom took an adventure trip to Asia that summer (including S Korea, Japan and Viet Nam!) and while she was in Tokyo (I think) bought two Nikonos rigs -- one for me and one for a friend who was on the trip. (Note, these were Nikonos BEFORE they were numbered and I still have mine.) I have a Nikonos hanging around my neck but there appears to be a flash reflected from my mask -- this leads me to believe that my friend and I switched cameras because I usually had my flash attached and I usually had the "external viewfinder" on top of the camera. This would also explain why I have the slide along with others from the trip.

So, although that is more information than needed, I think the answer is the picture was taken with my Nikonos with the 35mm lens.

Memories!!!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom