Pics from Grand Cayman 09-2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent! Just bloody magnificcent pictures! That one bloke facing your camera looks like it's gonna break my monitor and bite me :D

About w/b as with most p/s cameras one can't shoot raw manual w/b plays a big role unless you have a good set of strobes. Mine does have raw function but it takes some nice 12s to save that photo. So it's practically unusable :)

Still those shots are so crisp and dof beautiful. Wow!

kapula:
Excellent! Just bloody magnificcent pictures! That one bloke facing your camera looks like it's gonna break my monitor and bite me :D

About w/b as with most p/s cameras one can't shoot raw manual w/b plays a big role unless you have a good set of strobes. Mine does have raw function but it takes some nice 12s to save that photo. So it's practically unusable :)

Still those shots are so crisp and dof beautiful. Wow!

Thanks for the compliments! Its funny how the accident pictures come out and sometimes end up being the favorites. When it happened, I wasn't too happy with the picture, but it does have that "in your face" side of it.. :D

I guess I only shoot with stobes unless I am trying to just get a natural light photo (in those cases I want the blue anyhow so I don't white balance). There have been a few cases where the stobes didn't cover as much as I wanted and I will white balance some of that slightly in the Raw Editor.

Really though, even on PS without Raw, you can white balance in the editor if it is a good one. Aperture for Mac has a good white balance, and now that Adobe Lightroom is coming out, it should do that function well too. I suppose if I was going to stingray city, I might white balance there with a magic filter or something to get some nice photos, but most everything I take uses strobes or natural "blue" light like the mermaid.

I'm able to get nice dof and blues by setting the f-stop high.. Sometimes a lot higher than you might think will work. But with wide angle, you can go fairly high and drop your shutter speed down and you still won't get blured photos.. so it works out pretty nice. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom