Pics from Grand Cayman 09-2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjsimp

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I took these pictures on our trip to Grand Cayman between 8-30-2006 and 9-4-2006. Most were taken off the Sunset House doing shore dives. I also have two dives at the turtle farm which are in here also.

picture-9.jpg

picture-8.jpg

picture-7.jpg

picture-6.jpg

picture-56.jpg

picture-57.jpg

picture-55.jpg

picture-54.jpg

picture-53.jpg

picture-52.jpg

picture-51.jpg

picture-50.jpg

picture-5.jpg

picture-48.jpg

picture-49.jpg

Third batch of pictures...

picture-33.jpg

picture-32.jpg

picture-30.jpg

picture-31.jpg

picture-29.jpg

picture-3.jpg

picture-28.jpg

picture-27.jpg

picture-26.jpg

picture-25.jpg

picture-24.jpg

picture-23.jpg

picture-21.jpg

picture-20.jpg

Nice shots. We're staying at Sunset house next month. Love the unlimited shore dives! What were your dive sites?

Larry C:
Nice shots. We're staying at Sunset house next month. Love the unlimited shore dives! What were your dive sites?

We had 9 dives off the Sunset House. We really just jumped in at the ladder and would swim out. The wreck and mermaid are both places you can hit on the same dive. Since this was the "maden voyage" for my new D200 I spent a lot of time taking pictures of the same things from different angles and lighting conditions. There is really a LOT more to see there than I saw since I would spend a whole tank in just one area, and then go back there if I wanted to try something different.

We had 2 dives at the turtle farm (that's not where I got the turtle picture though :11: ) Those dives we of course saw the tarpon and we also saw the baracuda. The reef was not as nice there, but we suck with 60' dives at both locations.

Next time, we will swim out further and drop down to the wall off sunset house. Then we can get some other nice pictures, but this was more of a learning trip than anything.

If you like to take pictures, you'll love the shore diving. No current at Sunset House whereas there is some current at the turtle farm. If you like to see critters, I saw stringray (no camera on that dive :shakehead ), turtles, baracuda, tarpon, lobster, and lots of other small critters. There are a couple of Angel fish and a Snapper fish off Sunset house are virtually tame thanks to the photographers. They are always eager to pose for someone with a camera in hopes they will get a treat (I didn't do that, but they didn't know it.. :D ).

I am envious, I want to go back already. I hope you have a great trip!

Wonderful shots rjsimp, I particularly like the silhouette of the statues with the sunrays streaming down :).

Love the blues in your wide angle shots and love the macros also :D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom