Pics from Dutch Springs opening day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The original video was made on a Sony DV tape. I never rendered the file in an AVI format because it was much larger than the Mpeg. Since I do not have a DVD burner (yet), that was the best I could do. The original edited tape was by far superior to the Mpeg version. I can make you a copy of the DV tape. The Helo video is also pretty good. I have not sent it to the FTP site yet. The video was taken on the day the flag was installed.

The Dina Dee Thursday trips are set to start in June. It does not matter for myself since all my diving will have to take place in Oklahoma for the next three weeks.

That would be awesome, I can capture from the camera in work. I should be able to get it much smaller. It took a little while for me to download it on cable. It would be great if I can get it small enough so everyone can download it.

Keep us updated. I go my AOW back in November, so I'm dying to get on some of the boats this year. Just need to rent a reg for my pony. Also let's try to agree on a site ahead of time. I'm on air until I get my steels. Depending on the site I may rent Nitrox tanks too.

Link works for me..

By the way, Chris, I want to mention something... when you stow tanks on in your car, I suggest you to turn the valve the other direction for two reasons...

first, well.. you know if you try to do that procedure again, as demonstrated in the picture, the tanks won't hit the ground valve first.

Second, if by any chance someone rears you while driving... and the valves get damaged, you will have a flying rocket, that will most likely fly your direction, and will kill you.

So, I know this is a bit of an inconvenience to turn the valve the other way, but it's a much safer way to transport the tanks.

:nonononon

Very good point. Ah the things we do out of laziness!!! They have already been turned around.

Wouldn't the valve be more likely to blow through the seat and remove a limb than the tank? I always put my tanks in valve-backward.

FrankF:
Maybe we should put them sideways!

I wouldn't.. aside from the valve, the side of the tank is structurally the weakest point.. so if something hits it and smashed it right in the middle, it will bend the tank, and then god knows what may happen. So, in regards to the above-mentioned incident, upons closer examintation, we discovered today that Chris’ valve, or rather the knob got bent. Sucks… well, look on a bright side, just another reason for him to get Steels!

Yup the way we justify getting the gear we want!!!

Maybe we're just F'd no matter which way we put them if someone hits us!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom