Picking a reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jham2081

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
If one were choosing between a Gen GS2000 (highly recommended by my LDS) and a Mares V16 Proton, what would you experienced divers suggest? Also, if purchased online, from say scubatoys, would the regs include the necessary hoses?

Thanks

I didn't dive the Genesis but Mares is making very solid, reliable and easy breathing regs.
The V16/Proton is a great reg.
Consider that if you will go abroad, you'll find easier somebody that will fix you a Mares rather than a Genesis.
I couldn't tell you about the all hoses but some hoses are part of the reg like the hose to second stage and to the octopus, should you buy one. A high pressure hose is part of the SPG.
One hose that will most likely not be included is the BC inflation hose.
Oren

Thanks for your input.. From the searches i've done on scuba board, the mares seems to be a good choice. I just hadn't found a comparison btw these two, so i thought i'd bring it up :). Thanks for the info on the hoses too.

jham2081:
Thanks for your input.. From the searches i've done on scuba board, the mares seems to be a good choice. I just hadn't found a comparison btw these two, so i thought i'd bring it up :). Thanks for the info on the hoses too.
Look under scubadiving.com
This is the online diver magazine Rodale's.
You'll find there many tests of dive gear. I'm sure you'll find both regs there.
Oren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom