Picked up an AL80 Luxfer Tank **Deal**

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An LDS near me has an annual sale where they're sold for $100 (with valve and fill) brand new.

*this is my shocked face* I gotta retire and move closer!

*this is my shocked face* I gotta retire and move closer!
Maybe it's a "loss leader". I dunno, but there is always a line around the building when that sale opens. They also sell camping and fishing and shooting stuff, all of which has deals to be had at the sale. I have to admit, the sale brings me in every year despite not really needing anything.

You sir, just made txgoose SB list...

Naughty or nice?

@kelemvor if they buy a pallet at once to replace their whole rental fleet, it makes the cost per tank lower. really the only cost would be 20 bucks for the hydro after 5 years.

If you can find a welding supplier, they will often put a fill in the tank before returning it to you. Then you avoid the empty tank issues that others have noted. And that part is real, many dive shops won't fill an empty tank without a new VIP.

Edit: A welding supplier that does hydros.

A lot of fire extinguisher companies do hydros because their extinguishers have to be hydroed. The OP can ask if they also do scuba tanks, the local one here does.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom