Pick your work mates as well as your dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Know I know why I have chest pains at work.....

Well that confirms it...the work place is the most hazardous place you will go today...

That Confirms It,

I Am Well Overdue For My First Heart Attack..

The military is NOT exempt!!!

LOL, if not that maybe a nervous breakdown.

whoa!!!!!! I hope you Mod's have some great health insurance.

Why, cause of the members?

Scuba_Jenny:
Why, cause of the members?

:crafty: so bright i had to put my shades on chickie....

The members, no.... not us....hehehehehe! We don't cause y'all any grief, ever :eyebrow:

My favorite saying of my grandmas when she was still alive still holds true today... "Stupid people shoudn't breed"

And some people wonder why I don't get the gold star simley for 'Plays Well With Others'. I'm going to print this and take with me to work.

I have a very strong work ethic, and I do get top marks for technical expertise, willingness to learn, being able to see what is coherent between otherwise seemingly disparate facts, and communication. But I really, really, just can't STAND having extra work piled on me because someone else did something STUPID - like having to clean up their mess, especially if they did EXACTLY the opposite of what I or my group recommended.

The brink of apoplexy for me is when someone does something STUPID right before a holiday, and leave on vacation, and about 3 PM on the last working day before the holiday the timer on the STUPID act ticks down. Then the rest of us are scrambling and missing whatever plans we might have made while the IDIOT is off enjoying him/her self. And, the after-hours building mainteneance staff and you know each other by name, and have almost daily chats, but the IDIOTS' vehicles are long since gone from the parking lot when you leave.

And, you CAN'T avoid them - you can't pick all your work mates like you would pick friends, spouses, etc. especially in today's 'matrix' environment of reporting relationships. Way back in school, you might have been able to avoid most of these folks by picking your group for group assignments early, and if not, maybe minimizing the damage they contributed, but there's no avoiding way to avoid all of them in the work place.

And, it doesn't really matter where I work - you change departments, you change companies - but the're everywhere, especially the ones that were 'promoted' so they supposedly couldn't do further damage in a position of direct responsibility!

OK, minor fit over (tic , tic). Time to go medicate. Yes, my wife is truly a saint / angel, halo & harps await her.

Thanks, Otter, for posting the scientific credence here. I might just write into my will that this be part of my euology.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom