Phuket Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, but South Siam does do pickups at the JW Marriott. And the information I have says it is included in the price of the liveaboard. You will be picked up in the morning (probably around 7:00 a.m.) and transferred to Khao Lak by mini-bus.

I recommend that you read over the FAQs on South Siam's website.

The use of gloves is generally discouraged around here. The water is warm, so there is no need for thermal protection, and in fact, the DMs and Instructors working here don't wear gloves even though we dive a lot. Divers who wear gloves may not intend to touch, but in fact they do touch more often and with less hestitation than divers who are bare-handed. If a diver needs to push off from a rock or stabilize him/herself to take a photo, one or two fingers is sufficient. Gloves only make it easier for divers to use their hands to hold onto things since they won't feel any stings or sharp edges. When you see the wealth of marine life we have here as compared to North Carolina, you will understand better why we want to protect it from stray hands.

I understand in regards to gloves. You should see my instructors drilling the "do not touch" policy and enforcing it fairly strictly even when we wear gloves. I understand the protection. I strive not to use hands at all (usually park them holding together under me holding my console) only when I need to look at the depth or spg I bring them forward. North Carolina or somewhere else, touching is frowned upon in general everywhere. I will check FAQ now.

Thanks for the info!

Ah, but South Siam does do pickups at the JW Marriott. And the information I have says it is included in the price of the liveaboard. You will be picked up in the morning (probably around 7:00 a.m.) and transferred to Khao Lak by mini-bus.

OK, just talked to the booking (former Sunrise Diving) company and they confirmed transfer is included. Nice as I have one less thing to worry.

I will be diving Saturday/Sunday (11/14-15) from SS3 and looking forward.

Back
Top Bottom