Phuket liveaboards availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

escapedia

Registered
Reaction score
Do boats in Phuket cancel trips due to lack of divers?
I mean: If we book a boat and it happens to be that we are the only people who booked on the specific date and trip, would the trip be cancelled?
Do operators require minimum number of pax in order to have a "go"?

This really depends on the operator. Some guarantee the trip while others require a minimum amount.
If you happen to be on a trip that is not guaranteed and the operator has to cancel, it is always possible to go on another trip with appx. the same quality.

escapedia:
Do boats in Phuket cancel trips due to lack of divers?
I mean: If we book a boat and it happens to be that we are the only people who booked on the specific date and trip, would the trip be cancelled?
Do operators require minimum number of pax in order to have a "go"?

Suggest that when you book, you ask this question to whoever you book with. The more popular boats are more or less guaranteed to be confirmed throughout the season. I have had 2 occasions this season where our customers went on trips with only 2 guests on the boat. If you book for really early or really late in the season, this may be more of a problem. If you book from December - April, I think you will not encounter this situation.

Happy Diving!

Sunrise:
Suggest that when you book, you ask this question to whoever you book with. The more popular boats are more or less guaranteed to be confirmed throughout the season. I have had 2 occasions this season where our customers went on trips with only 2 guests on the boat. If you book for really early or really late in the season, this may be more of a problem. If you book from December - April, I think you will not encounter this situation.

Happy Diving!
I was told by Mermaid Liveaboards, through my local agent, that Mermaid1 on the trip that leaves in April 23rd, won't go unless there are 6 persons on board.
I still hope that people will book, if not, there goes my trip down the drain..

I presume by that time, therw will be 6 persons on the boat.

And if not, ask your agent to find you something else, there are lots of boats in the same class that will be going out, and IMO with a higher quality for about the same price.

stevenl:
I presume by that time, therw will be 6 persons on the boat.

And if not, ask your agent to find you something else, there are lots of boats in the same class that will be going out, and IMO with a higher quality for about the same price.

I am going with a group of 8 this week. Eventhough we have booked the boat, we will just book another one, or do local day trips if the LOB fails to sail. At this point I think that given the low numbers of tourists, the operators will take any revenue they can. So I am quite confident that things will work out when you go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom