Phuket Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brianstern99:
Are there any dive centers located a bit closer to Banyan Tree, around Cherng Thalay? I guess I'd rather avoid a 40 minute drive if there are other highly recommended options nearby

Unfortunately to go on the daytrips you would have to depart from Chalong Bay which is about 40 minutes drive from Cherng Thalay. As for an operator located closer to your hotel try Eurodivers who are in Laguna. This would be easier for you if you have to rent any equipment and would like to do a fitting first.

At least 40 minutes drive from the Banyan Tree. I agree with Ringo - try asking at Euro divers. The Laguna Phuket resort is in the same complex as the Banyan Tree and I believe they have free shuttles between the various facilities. Nice place! They will arrange a transfer down to Chalong and back. They used to do some dives off the beach over to a little island and an old tin mining wreck - not sure if they still do that. You should also consider a Similan Islands day trip. No problem for pick up from Banyan Tree if you go on a boat like South Siam, no extra pick up fee as your hotel is on the way from South Phuket up to the port at Thap Lamu about an hour north of your hotel.

Have fun
Jamie

I did a days diving with Calypso Divers out of Phuket. It was an pretty good day, about 15 divers on the boat, knowledgeable dive staff. I'd dive with them again. Their hire gear wasn't the greatest though.

:crafty: ive been out with south siam divers a few times and ive been lucky to get on their big liveaboard for the same price as the day boats. south siam 3 boat is amazing top food great staff. take a day trip to the similans and go to (elephant head dive site) must be one of the very best in the similans..happy hunting.

thanks everyone! this is great. you've all be extremely helpful. :)

As you are here for only one week and need to know about dive sites not to be missed, I would recommend Racha Yai for your first days diving and subsequent days you can go to Racha Noi and Phi Phi. As you are here for Friday / Saturday you could go on a Phi Phi overnight trip (7 dives staying overnight in a bungalow on Phi Phi). There are loads of divesites here (both beach-dives and local divesites reached by day boat) but you have a very common problem that I hear a lot about wanting the best fitting into a tight schedule. if its any help I dive here at least 3 times a week and havent had a bad dive. Ok so you may not see mantas / whale sharks on every dive but the water is warm the vis is good and the marine life is both varied and interesting and unlike the Red Sea you dont have 25 dive boats on one site.

One hint that if you book a dive package (3 + days diving) you will be able to negotiate discounts on your diving (at least thats the case with us anyway)

Have a good week when you get here

james

Does anyone here have a website that shows all the departures to the various dive spots for daytrip boats from Phuket? Was trying to find out which boat does the most dives on Saturday eg Sharks Point/Koh Doc Mai/Anemone Reef?

Traminer:
Does anyone here have a website that shows all the departures to the various dive spots for daytrip boats from Phuket? Was trying to find out which boat does the most dives on Saturday eg Sharks Point/Koh Doc Mai/Anemone Reef?

We use 7 of the best / most popular ones and have put the details on a webpage, here >> http://www.dive-community.com/thailand/phuket/dive/trips_prices_engl.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom