Photos of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LCD freezes at depth on occasion, generally in depths of greater than 80ft.
Camera is non-responsive after that, until opened up and the battery compartment opened and closed.
It's not the batteries as the cam works fine until it reaches that depth...

Very random event, haven't figured a common variable to all the occurences of this that i've had.

Most logical conclusion from what i've read and advice that i've received is that perhaps the camera isn't positioned exactly right in the housing.
By exactly I mean perhaps it's off by a few mm.

Jamdiver:
Don't think it's the buttons caloy, they work fine at depth...

i encountered the same with my camera a couple of times previously (sanyo 2500), i switched to another brand of nimh batteries (kodak 2500) and it hasn't happened since. the power indicator lights up green but no response?

i still use the old ones for topside shooting. works fine.

I still think it might be the batteries reacting to cold or depth... wait, no, cant be cold, you dont know what cold is :wink::D

Works fine in housing on land caloy, i've tried that.

Jon, I don't think it's a battery issue, as I don't change batteries during the surface interval and they work fine on the 2nd dive.
You think that it's a battery issue though??
I've always used Energizer 2500NimH batteries with no issues.
Also this problem occured on my very first dive with the camera, using regular Duracell AA batteries..... so I don't think that could be it??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom