Photos of Mono Lobo July 5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryssyr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We did a couple of boat dives today from the Sanctuary. There were only 3 divers on the boat! There was a pod of Risso dolphin on the way out.

2 dives, both nitrox 32. it wasnt too cold --51 degrees and about 35-40 foot vis.

Here are some pics: all wide angle.

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

and the rest here.

That last shot looks like Paula! :D

Yup, that was Paula molesting a Gumboot Chiton.

What a great day of diving!

What did you think of the Sanctuary? Seems the "big" ones are the cypress sea and the beach hopper II. I've been looking at the Sanctuary since it's a smaller boat with less people.

Thanks for posting these pictures Robin! The Sanctuary is the best boat in the bay! I can't wait to dive from it with you again! Until then I will relive our dives through your photos!

Sanctuary is nice because they only allow 6 divers on it, which makes for an un-crowded, and enjoyable trip.

What did you think of the Sanctuary? Seems the "big" ones are the cypress sea and the beach hopper II. I've been looking at the Sanctuary since it's a smaller boat with less people.

The Cypress Sea with a full boat can be a little crowded but once people spread out it isn't that bad. I did a three tank charter off the Cypress Sea and after the first dive you had people sitting with their gear, others in the cabin area, and some standing around on the deck so it didn't feel that crowded. If you aren't eager to suit up and be the first in the water then you can let a few groups get in and then go to your gear and it isn't that crowded. If you get a day (not likely during the summer) where the Cypress Sea is only taking 12ish people then it isn't crowded at all.

I've only done the Sanctuary once. Was a nice boat but the deck was a little small for my taste. As strange as it sounds the cabin area was too nice. The seats had cloth covered foam seats that, while comfy, meant you couldn't sit down on them when wet. Having only 6 divers was nice as you could talk to everyone and it was pretty quick to get everyone on and off.

I did the BH2 once a few years back and I remember it was a good boat with a nice captain and crew member (iirc we had the husband and wife combo). But I don't remember enough to give further details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom