Photos of Great White Sharks of Guadalupe -- October 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Pics, but I have two questions after looking at your pics on the Website:

1. Did the tour operator mind you swimming around to take pictures of the shark and cage? and

2. Did the Great White signal that he needed air (I noticed he had a 2nd stage)? :)

Wow..Very impressive. Thanks for sharing. What goes through your mind as its bitting the cage? :) "Thank god there is a cage!"

Awesome pics!! Were you on the trip with Andy??

DCBC -- LOL. Obviously, we wer shooting from one cage to another cage on some of the shots. While we were able to get up on top of the cages with a divemaster, I don't think anyone was interested in swimming around with the sharks in open water. And, yes, the one shark got a 2nd stage of one of the bailout cylinders of the submersible cage in his mouth. The brave (? stupid) divemaster reached out and pulled it out of his mouth!

Mike -- yes, I was on Andy's trip. It was awesome! You should have been there! Let's get together at DEMA. PM me with your contact info!

Doug

Those are some nice pictures. How big were the sharks?
How about the Today show with the 20 foot Great White? That is a big big fish.

The biggest one we had was about 14 feet, though I'm sure as the group tells the stories to their friends that number will grow to 16 feet, 18 feet, .... :)

Wonderful Doug! I knew you would love Guadalupe, it's a magical place. Your photos are magnificent. Looks like you got some big females. Your photos of the interactions with the sharks and the submersible cage are priceless, best I've ever seen. Great job, thanks!! ++Ken++

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom