Photos from Wazee Lake, WI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dive graph shows that it was 14C (7deg) colder at 46meters (150ft) than it was at 30meters.
The dive was in early August.

Very nice pictures! Just wondering for someone wishing to do dive trips in America with some friends, is lake Wazee a highly recommended dive spot?

It is by the people who are stuck in WI...We go up there 2-4 times in the summer...The viz is usually 20-30' and average temp of 65* at about 30'..Easy entry , no boats, Wazee Sports to get tanks from right down the road....You can camp there at the State park if that is what interests you also.

So its a dry suit diving only lake? I only have a 3mm wetsuit and so do most of my friends....

Does it require additional training to dive in dry suit?

I love Wazee..It is an easy dive that has a ton of fish to play with..

Although the viz isn't that good, Wazee has something to offer divers of all levels. In summer a drysuit isn't needed(for most people), however I would recomend at least a 6.5 to 7MM wetsuit. A dry suit does require additional training, but it is minimal. If you are a new diver I would suggest you get comfortable with a wet suit and standard kit first. Once you are able to dive and not really think about things like bouyancy, then move on to a dry suit. Of course YMMV.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom